Oregon February 23, 2017
13 Ways Oregon Is America’s Black Sheep… And We Love It That Way
From the unusual town names to the one of a kind natural wonders, here are 13 things that prove there’s nowhere else on earth quite like Oregon. The Beaver State is unique through and through, and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
During these uncertain times, please keep safety in mind and consider adding destinations to your bucket list to visit at a later date.
13. We're all foodies here.
With so many amazing restaurants and such bountiful produce, how could we not be?
12. Oregon is home to towns with strange names like Boring and Wanker's Corner.
Yep. These places are 100% real.
11. There are A LOT of llamas in Oregon.
One fourth of the entire country's llama population lives in Oregon.
10. Oregon is home to rain forests, deserts, mountains, beaches, prairies, and pretty much everything in between.
There are so many gorgeous landscapes to explore, all in one state.
9. ....And many of us would rather spend a day hiking in Oregon than doing... pretty much anything else.
8. We have a knack for making the weirdest donuts you've ever heard of.
Bacon covered doughnuts? Check. Cereal covered doughnuts? Check. Blueberry Bourbon Basil doughnuts? Also check.
7. Oregon is home to all kinds of unique attractions, including the world's biggest independent bookstore.
Powell's City of Books, located in Portland, is basically heaven on earth for bookworms.
6. The Beaver State is also home to some of the most magical natural wonders on earth.
Crater Lake (pictured above), Haystack Rock, Multnomah Falls... the list goes on and on.
5. We really love beer, and we're really great at brewing it.
There are more than 200 breweries in Oregon, and our craft beer is off the charts.
4. We have more ghost towns than any other state in the country.
Walking through Oregon's ghost towns, you'll feel like you've been transported back in time.
3. We're not afraid to let our freak flag fly.
Oregonians tend to learn early on not to be embarrassed of their quirks.
2. We wear sweaters on the beach.
.... but we don't mind! Because boy oh boy is it beautiful.
1. From head to toe, Oregon is full of breathtaking natural beauty.
Magical waterfalls, emerald green forests, otherworldly deserts, alpine lakes, snowy mountains... The Beaver State is simply incredible.
Check out our Ultimate Oregon Bucket List