Oklahoma January 18, 2016
13 Reasons Why People From Oklahoma Are Unbelievably Tough
Oklahomans don’t get pampered like west coasters with mild, predictable weather and allergy-free air. Instead, we learn to roll with the punches of the the “Quakenado State” and in doing so, we grow tougher. Here are 13 reasons why Oklahomans are some of the toughest people around:
1. We aren't afraid to get our hands dirty.
Working outside creates a good work ethic and Oklahoma is full of hardworking people.
2. Or to work with animals.
Handling chickens, pigs, horses and other animals keeps us on our toes.
3. We learn at an early age to always be prepared.
We are taught early in life how quick the weather can change in the Sooner State. Unless you want to be cold or wet and miserable, you leave home prepared.
4. We live in the most seismically active place in the world, and it doesn't phase us.
It became official in 2015, that Oklahoma experiences more earthquakes than anywhere in the world.
5. We come together in times of tragedy.
We grew stronger in one of our weakest moments in history.
6. We survive tornadoes.
We learn to rebuild and not take life for granted.
7. And massive floods.
Learning to deal with natural disasters isn't for the faint of heart.
8. We can catch our own food, if need be.
Oklahomans learn many skills growing up in the state. We are taught survival skills that can feed and protect ourselves.
9. We survive sweltering hot summers.
Oklahoma summers can be dreadful. All those who can't stand the heat, better leave the state before May.
10. And can survive without electricity in a polar vortex.
Starting to see a theme? We are survivors!
11. We tough it out during allergy seasons.
And it can be miserable at times...just ask an allergy sufferer.
12. And learn to play outdoors with flesh-eating bugs.
We know to always have a bottle of bug spray nearby.
13. And lastly, we deal with all sorts of stereotypes. We have tough skin and insults about our state just make us stronger.
Cause no matter what, haters gonna hate.
So what do you think? Are you Oklahoma tough?
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.