Visit Sulphur, The One Christmas Town In Oklahoma That's Simply A Must Visit This Season
‘Tis the season to be jolly, Fa, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la! One of the best towns to get you in the holiday spirit is Sulphur. This quaint and cozy town goes all out for Christmas with lights and decorations and you simply must visit this season. Check it out below, then put it on the calendar to visit in the coming weeks – come see why Sulphur is without a doubt one of the best Christmas towns in Oklahoma.
You’ll also want to head over to the Chickasaw Cultural Center and check out the incredible display of lights at the “Celebration of Lights.” It’s a free drive-through display featuring thousands of lights and displays.
Explore Sulphur at Christmas time in this delightful video!
During the Christmas season, the Artesian Hotel celebrates the holidays with its Classic Christmas Celebration…filled with activities including breakfast with Santa, carriage rides, caroling, making gingerbread houses, storytime with Mrs. Claus, and meeting Santa’s reindeer. You can enjoy a relaxing weekend at the hotel and spa while participating in any of the holiday activities or you can just come and enjoy all the festivities for the day. Learn more about Christmas at the Artesian Hotel. Looking for somewhere else to stay while you’re here? No worries – our friends at VRBO have you covered.
What are your favorite ways to celebrate Christmas in Oklahoma? Let me know!
More to Explore
Best Christmas Towns in Oklahoma
- What are the best Christmas towns in Oklahoma?
Oklahoma is a state that takes its holiday season very seriously, and many towns in our little state love to go all-out for Christmas. There are a few small towns that make the best Christmas towns in Oklahoma:
- Chickasha – Shannon Springs Park is already wonderful, but when it’s all decked out in lights for the holidays, it’s even more so.
- Tulsa – If you live in Oklahoma and you’ve never attended the annual Winterfest in downtown Tulsa, can you really say you’re a Sooner?
- Enid – This small town does Christmas in a huge way, with a large tree, thousands of lights, and, of course, the wonder-filled Christmas Downtown celebration.
Learn more about all these Christmas towns in Oklahoma, plus a few more.
2. What is Christmas in Oklahoma like?
Christmas in Oklahoma is a magical time filled with wonder and joy. Everyone’s a little kinder, even though it’s a lot colder. Some must-know facts about an Oklahoma Christmas include:
- Christmas Lights Displays – No matter which part of the state you’re in, you’re sure to find something somewhere with a jaw-dropping holiday lights display.
- Christmas festivals – Winter is amazing enough, but through in some holiday-themed festivals in various towns and you’ve got yourself a plan!
- Ice Skating – This is a popular pastime loved by Okies of all ages, and there are numerous places you can do it at around here.
Learn more about Christmas in Oklahoma and how to celebrate it right.
3. What other Oklahoma Christmas towns should I add to my bucket list?
Of course, the Christmas towns listed above are far from the only Christmas towns in Oklahoma. Other notable towns that go all-out for Christmas are towns such as:
- Oklahoma City – Come on, we had to mention it! With festivals, lights, and seemingly endless events, you’ll never want Christmas time to end in OKC.
- Yukon – The annual Christmas in the Park event is one you and the kids will absolutely love.
- Guthrie – You'll feel like you went back in time to a Christmas long ago in this little old-school town.
Learn more about all these other Christmas towns in OK.