Oklahoma Nature November 24, 2015
by Ashley These 19 Mind-Blowing Sceneries Totally Define Oklahoma
When it comes to Oklahoma scenery…it never gets tiring. We have so much beauty that outsiders don’t give it credit for – they’ll soon see that it is all but flat and boring. To show you the variety Oklahoma has to offer, here are 19 breathtaking sceneries that totally define Oklahoma:
1. These wild horses in Osage County are gorgeous. The terrain in northeastern Oklahoma is ideal for wild horses due to its adequate water supply, native grasses high in protein and the rocky terrain that helps to naturally trim the horse's hooves.
2. This sunset in Guymon is a stunning representation of the spectacular sunsets that color Oklahoma skies.
3. Of course, we can't just show one.
4. The drive to Talimena with snow and ice in southeastern Oklahoma is remarkable.
5. A stunning field of yellow flowers and a blue sky show one of the many tranquil spots in nature in the Sooner State.
6. This supercell is Woodward depicts an Oklahoma storm ridden sky.
7. Southwestern Oklahoma- full of rolling hills, green trees and peaceful fields.
8. Metropolitan Oklahoma City shining bright with the bold Oklahoma spirit.
9. Another stunning region is Gloss Mountains - a series of mesas and buttes that extend from the Permian red beds of the Blaine Escarpment of northwestern Oklahoma in Major County.
10. Lake Carlton sits amid some of the most picturesque scenery in the region. Pine forests and rocky cliffs ideal for hiking, rock climbing and wildlife viewing make Lake Carlton one of the best locations in the area to spend some quality time with the great outdoors.
11. The Tallgrass Prairie Preserve near Pawhuska, Oklahoma is the largest protected area of tallgrass prairie on earth, spanning 39,000 acres. The diversity of grassland and forest is home to over 300 species of birds.
12. Red Rock Canyon State Park displays a remarkable mountainside landscape.
13. The American Bison roam free in The Wichita Mountain Wildlife Refuge, one of the few places in the nation where they can still roam as they did centuries ago.
14. Lake Hefner represents the amazing lakes and thousands of miles of shoreline in the state.
15. Another great shoreline and lake view from Ft. Supply Lake.
16. The plentiful paths and trails are a haven for outdoor enthusiasts.
17. Turner Falls...the feature waterfall of Oklahoma.
18. All the colors of fall and lush greenery make Broken Bow picturesque.
19. Many peaceful water features are hidden in Oklahoma. This one can be found in Sapulpa in northeastern Oklahoma.
I never get tired of Oklahoma scenery! Remember to post your photographs to
Only In Oklahoma’s Facebook page.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.