Oklahoma December 14, 2015
15 Questions You Can Only Answer If You’re From Oklahoma
If you’re from Oklahoma, then you possess a certain knowledge about our state that out-of-towners don’t have. From pronunciation of cities to understanding the bipolar personality of our weather, you get it. Which means, you should be able to answer these 15 questions with ease:
1. Of course, we have to start with one of our most famous...Boomer?
Sooner! Did you know Boomer has blue eyes and Sooner has brown?
2. Who is Pistol Pete?
The Oklahoma State University athletics mascot. Pistol Pete has been the mascot for the Oklahoma State Cowboys since 1923.
3. Who sells the most flavors of soft drinks in the state?
Pops Arcadia of course! POPS, an iconic Route 66 landmark, sells over 600 kinds of soda. From berry soda to classic cola, POPS has it all.
4. What is "Tish?"
Tishomingo, Oklahoma. The largest city and the county seat of Johnston County, Oklahoma. Also famous for being the home of Blake Shelton.
5. What do we put on our pancakes and waffles?
Only the best...Griffins Syrup. Family owned and operated since its inception, Griffin Food Company is based in Muskogee, OK.
6. What county is the only county in the U.S. to touch 4 states?
Cimarron County. It touches New Mexico, Texas, Colorado and Kansas. It is also home to the only community in the state (Kenton) that observes the Mountain Time Zone.
7. What city was Brad Pitt born in?
He was born in Shawnee on December 18, 1963.
8. And what town did Carrie Underwood grow up in?
She was raised on her parents' farm in the rural town of Checotah.
9. Where is Flaming Lips Alley and Mickey Mantle Drive?
Bricktown in Oklahoma City. Flaming Lips Alley was named after the American rock band formed in Oklahoma City in 1983 and Mickey Mantle Dr. was named after the star baseball player, Mickey Mantle.
10. Is it possible to go from spring to winter in the course of a single day?
Not only possible but very probable.
11. Can Cowboys and Sooners co-exist in peace?
Definitely. Just not during football season. Or basketball season. Or any sport season.
12. Which state has more miles of shoreline than the Atlantic and Gulf coasts combined?
Oklahoma has has more man-made lakes than any other state, with over one million surface acres of water, and has approximately 55,646 miles of shoreline along lakes and ponds.
13. How do you pronounce Miami?
Only an Oklahoman would know it is Mi-am-uh.
14. What do tornadoes and earthquakes have in common?
They both share Oklahoma!
15. Do you run inside or yell when you hear Thunder?
You yell Thunder Up!
What are some more questions you can only answer if you are from Oklahoma? Share them in the comments below.