Oklahoma July 26, 2015
Here Are 10 Things You Better Have If You Want to Survive In Oklahoma
Oklahomans know there are some things that are a must-have to survive in the Sooner state. From crazy weather to flesh-eating bugs, you better plan ahead to handle what Oklahoma will throw at you. Here are a few things that made our list:
1. Air Conditioning- You might be able to survive without it but it's not going to be pleasant.
2. Flexible Attitude- Things change rapidly in Oklahoma....like the weather. You could plan a picnic in the morning when the sun is shining and by the time your afternoon picnic rolls around, it could look like this. You must be able to roll with the punches.
3. Bug Repellent- This is a must-have if you don't want to get eaten alive.
4. Umbrella- Have one with you even if it doesn't look like you will need it.
5. Football Spirit- O.K., so you could survive without it but you might not thrive in Oklahoma. Decide if you are a Sooners fan or a Cowboys fan...never both.
6. Sunscreen- The summers are hot and your skin will not be happy without it.
7. Weather Alerts- We know how quickly storms roll in and since we are located in tornado alley, weather alerts are essential to survival.
8. Tornado Shelter- Unfortunately, many Oklahomans have lost their lives because they did not have a tornado shelter. Even if your home doesn't have one, make preparations ahead of time to get to one nearby.
9. Water- An essential to everyday life...drink it to stay hydrated and swim in it to stay cool.
10. Insurance- When you live in a state with as many natural disasters as Oklahoma, you must have insurance on all your belongings.
What other things come to mind that are necessary for survival in Oklahoma?