Oklahoma October 30, 2016
14 Sure-Fire Ways To Make An Oklahoman Mad
Oklahomans are some of the nicest people you’ll ever meet. We’re polite, respectful and lighthearted. However, there are things that can definitely push our buttons. Don’t believe me? Just try any of these 14 things and you’ll see another side to us sweet Oklahomans.
During these uncertain times, please keep safety in mind and consider adding destinations to your bucket list to visit at a later date.
1. Ask us how we feel about Kevin Durant leaving OKC Thunder.
We're gearing up for the new season without him, so just don't bring it up...it's still a sore subject.
2. Assume we're all hillbillies.
You might be disappointed to find out we are (mostly) normal here in Oklahoma.
3. Cheer for the Texas Longhorns in the Sooner State.
You can just leave the state right now if you're caught looking like this.
4. When you don't take our sports seriously.
College football is no joke in Oklahoma. And please don't plan a trip to the state on a weekend in the fall unless you plan on watching football.
5. Threaten our gun or religious rights.
We'll fight tooth and nail to keep our rights!
6. Treat us as a fly-over state.
We've actually been voted one of the top places to move and visit in the country.
7. Ask us if we see tornadoes every day.
We understand that we are known worldwide for our tornadoes, but when that is the first question we get asked, it gets tiresome.
8. Assume we don't have any beautiful topography.
We are not Kansas! Oklahoma actually has one of the most diverse topographies of any state.
9. Act like you don't know where in the heck Oklahoma is even located.
Just look for the state that is shaped like a pan with a handle.
10. Treat our barbecue as second class.
We have AMAZING bbq in the state! Just wait till you find some of our hidden gems.
11. Ask us if we even have paved roads.
We are a real state. With real roads. Real cities. And real people.
12. Stereotype us like the play Oklahoma!
You would think we are way beyond this stereotype by now, but you would be surprised.
13. Pronounce our cities wrong.
Yes, our Miami is Mi-am-uh.
14. Ask us what the heck is there to do in Oklahoma?
We might be underrated, but we have plenty to do, plenty to see and plenty to love about our state!
What else would you add to this list?
If you’re new to Oklahoma or moving to the state soon, check out
15 Surprising Things You May Not Expect When Moving To Oklahoma.