Ohio November 26, 2015
11 Thoughts Everyone In Ohio Has When Winter Is Coming
Ohio winters can be brutal—with or without a lot of snowfall. Temperatures can get very low, the sunshine is practically non-existent and the season can essentially last until mid-April. Here are 11 thoughts that we’re pretty sure have ran through your mind now that all the leaves have fallen and the Thanksgiving holiday has passed.
(Just kidding. Kind of.)
2. “Goodbye, sunshine, Vitamin D and life as we know it.”
Because we know we won’t see it again until April or mid-May.
3. “Why does fall have to be so short?”
For as much as we all love the autumn season, it only lasts a whole three minutes…er, weeks. It lasts a whole three weeks that feel like a whole three minutes.
4. “I hope it snows on Christmas!”
But we know full well that it won’t, because it doesn’t start snowing until February—and it doesn’t stop until mid-April.
5. “I hope it’s not a really long winter.”
*Insert hysterical laugh here*
6. “If we lose power again, come spring, I’m moving somewhere warm…”
…and you mean it this time. You really do.
7. “I wonder how many potholes this cursed season will leave us with this year…”
“…and how long it will take us to fill them before winter rolls around again.”
8. “I WILL be prepared this year.”
Ice scrapers, snow blowers and salt are just a few of the necessary items you can’t (and won’t) do without.
9. “I seriously might just leave up the Christmas lights year-round this year…”
(…because if you had done so last year then you wouldn’t be outside putting them up right now.)
10. "Fingers crossed for multiple snow days…”
…because if we’re going to deal with this depressing, brutal and prolonged season then we need as many of them as we can get to see us through.
11. “I guess I should try to make the best of it.”
…because with or without multiple snow days, that’s what will really see us through.
What other thoughts run through your mind when winter is coming?