Ohio June 02, 2018
11 Unusual Experiences That Unite Every Ohioan
Ohioans are a unique people.
Thankfully, we’re easily united when it comes to our dislike of the state up north that shall not be named, the absurd claims about our “accents” and our love of all things Ohio-themed. The following are 11 unusual and funny experiences that inevitably unite every Ohioan. See how many you can relate to:
1. Trying to figure out why and how someone could insist that you have an accent.
They're crazy. Just ignore the haters.
2. Randomly hearing an "O-H" in a crowd and knowing immediately how to appropriately respond.
(You know you just said "I-O" aloud to yourself.)
3. Experiencing snow in mid-April and mid-70s on Christmas Eve.
We genuinely wonder what life would be like without spring blizzards.
4. Wondering when on earth the 500-mile stretch of orange barrels will end.
Spoiler alert: It won't.
5. Trying to climb your way out of a pothole.
(Gandalf the Gray is STILL falling down the one I hit the other day.)
6. Using the term "pop" until the day we die no matter how many out-of-state people insist on using "soda."
Why does everyone feel the need to correct us anyway?
7. Taking pictures like this everywhere you go:
It's not necessarily unusual; it's just different. In a good way, of course.
8. Having a deer-in-the-headlights look when someone tells you how many miles away a place is.
How does that help us determine how long of a trip it's going to be?
9. Every time, without fail, we rush to buy milk and bread when the forecast calls for any amount of snow whatsoever.
I mean, if the world is going to end at least we'll all get to see each other one last time in the bread aisle before it does.
10. Relentlessly making fun of Ohio while we secretly love it.
(This one is really only unusual to out-of-staters.)
11. Displaying our state pride wherever and whenever on whatever we can.
It's not really strange though. It's just an Ohio thing. <3 Love this tote?
Get it here.
How many of these can you relate to? What others would you add to the list? Let us know!
For more life facts about Ohioans, check out our previous article:
11 Foolproof Ways To Spot An Imposter In Ohio.