Ohio August 07, 2017
13 Things You Have To Do Before You’re An Official Ohioan
Here in the Buckeye State, there are some things you have to do before you can really call yourself an Ohioan. That’s why you know better than anyone that until you’ve done the following 13 things, you can’t REALLY call yourself an Ohioan.
See how many of these you’ve done:
1. You've officially stopped believing in the "four seasons" sham.
You're no fool.
2. You've learned to hate ALL things Michigan.
That includes those wretched colors, too.
3. You've successfully dodged a kamikaze deer or two while driving.
Bonus points if you were able to do so on a highway.
4. You say "pop" rather than "soda."
And you're fairly passionate about this decision.
5. You've learned that everyone else does, in fact, have an accent. Not you.
And you'll take that to your grave.
6. You've given up the fight and frustration that comes with constant street construction.
What's the use? It will just be there again tomorrow with an additional orange barrel or two.
7. You've conquered your fear of driving in winter weather.
Because you've learned that if you let that stop you, you won't leave your house from January to late-April.
8. You've been to the Roller Coaster Capital of the World...
9. ...the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame...
10. ...and Ohio Amish Country.
Because they're beloved Ohio classics.
11. You've taken a drive on the back roads just for fun.
Because you know how beautiful they really are. <3
12. You've yelled "O-H" in a crowd of strangers.
....and waited for that guaranteed "I-O!" reply.
13. You've got at least one vacation photo like this:
The more the merrier. 🙂
How many of these have you done? What else would you add to this list? Let us know!