Ohio February 01, 2016
11 Things You Can Only Brag About If You’re From Ohio
Here in Ohio, we’ve accomplished a lot. We’ve taken the lead on a lot of changes in society (and even for mankind as a whole.) We’re home to some pretty impressive destinations you won’t find anywhere else in the world. And we’ve birthed some incredible individuals. Our bragging rights surpass those of many other states. Here are 11 things you can only brag about if you’re from Ohio:
1. We paved the way for mankind…
Man may have never conjured up the courage to walk on the moon if it wasn’t for one brave Ohioan.
2. …and we continue to do so.
Joke about it all you want, but we know the truth of the matter: We're smart. We're REALLY smart.
3. Eight U.S. Presidents came from Ohio.
We're currently tied with Virginia for which state has the most—but give it time and that will change.
4. We may not have ever discovered electricity if it wasn’t for one ingenious Ohioan
The birthplace of Thomas A. Edison is Milan, OH.
5. You can also thank two of Ohio's most innovative brothers for flight anytime you board an airplane.
Despite whatever North Carolina is trying to take credit for, Ohio is the proud birthplace and home of the Wright brothers.
6. We're home to the Roller Coaster Capital OF THE WORLD...
(AKA, Cedar Point Amusement Park in Sandusky.)
7. ...the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame...
Cleveland is the proud home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
8. ...AND the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Canton is the proud home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
9. Currently, our state capitol is one of the smartest cities IN THE WORLD.
The Intelligent Community Forum (ICF), a New York-based think tank, named the world's top 7 most intelligent communities in January of 2015. Columbus was recognized for its 2007-2009 brain gain, economic and employment growth and technological advances. To read more about this recognition, click
10. We can spell our state's name with our hands.
Unless you're from Ohio, you simply can't do this.
11. We're "the heart of it all."
What is your state to the rest of America?
What other things can you brag about if you’re from Ohio? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!