Ohio February 24, 2017
11 Things Ohioans Do That Seem Insane To Everyone Else
Sure, Ohio has its quirks—and consequently so do Ohioans. But at the end of the day, we love and appreciate our wildly crazy state. The following are 11 things Ohioans do that might seem insane to outsiders (but here in the heart of it all, they’re completely normal.)
1. We make sure the names our cities and towns are difficult to pronounce.
We're just trying to have fun with the rest of you. 😉
2. We put chili on top of spaghetti noodles.
The excessive amount of shredded cheese blends it all together into a perfectly acceptable dish.
3. We also dip our French fries in our Wendy’s frosty.
Because, duh, there is no other way to eat a Frosty.
4. We have some of the strangest "World's Largest" items just because.
I mean, who wouldn't want The World's Largest Cuckoo Clock in their hometown?
5. We can’t seem to agree on the way that "wash" is pronounced.
Sometimes there’s a "r." Sometimes there isn’t.
6. We often randomly yell out "O-H" and fully anticipate an "I-O" reply.
I can see how this could make us appear insane. But we just want to know where our Ohioans at.
7. If it can be decorated, it's going to be Ohio-themed.
Clothes, pillows, bags—you name it and we've likely got our state name and/or shape on it. We're proud. <3
8. Buffalo Wild Wings goes by several other names here.
Shout out to BW3's.
9. We don't officially put up our patio furniture until at least May.
If you do, you’re just asking for a surprise April blizzard.
10. We actually cherish the small town life.
Because we know that when or if you leave, you WILL miss it.
11. We sincerely believe our state is more than roller coasters, potholes and football.
Because, truthfully, it is. <3
What else do Ohioans do that seem insane to everyone else? Share your thoughts with us!