Ohio May 08, 2015
18 Things Every True Ohioan Has Done—At Least Once
There are some undeniable things that make us all true Ohioans. Whether it’s simply eating a food that’s specifically Ohio made or religiously attending certain events once a year, it’s the commonality we share that sets us apart from the other states. (The less cooler states, of course.)
1) You have owned something Buckeye related at one point or another. (Even if it was just the candy kind.)
2) You’ve hiked to Cedar Falls and seen Old Man’s Cave.
3) Tried Skyline Chili (even if you didn’t like it.)
4) You’ve been to Athens for Halloween (even if it was just that one time for an hour or two and you were kind of really grossed/creeped out.)
5) Unashamedly shopped at a flea market (because you know they’re actually kind of the best thing there is.)
6) Ate/devoured a Frisch’s Big Boy burger.
7) Spontaneously road tripped to West Virginia to see the Mothman and/or eat at Hillbilly Hotdogs just for a change of scenery.
8) Informed foreigners about all the important people who have came out of Ohio such as astronauts and presidents whenever someone (ignorantly) claims that nothing cool comes out of Ohio.
9) You’ve went to multiple county fairs in one summer (including the Ohio State Fair, of course.)
10) Drove to IHOP/Steak N’ Shake/Waffle House/any restaurant open 24 hours at an unreasonably late hour to eat with your friends just because it’s something to do and you only live once and food is great and so are your friends so why the heck not.
11) Spent a day at a lake just to recollect yourself and get a break from the daily demands of your life's routine.
12) Played corn hole at a bonfire/graduation party/family reunion/any outdoor gathering really.
13) You’ve been to the Circleville Pumpkin Show at least once, if not more.
14) Experienced the outdoor drama “Tecumseh!” in Chillicothe.
15) Toured/visited either OSU’s and/or OU’s campus when considering your college choice even if you ultimately decided to go to school somewhere else.
16) Went back to Kings Island and relived your favorite childhood vacations.
17) Also, you’ve been to Cedar Point at least once and can attest to the fact that no other amusement park really compares when it comes to roller coasters.
18) You make fun of Ohio and secretly kind of really love it in spite of its flaws and quirks and inconveniences.
What other things do true Ohioans do?