Ohio October 22, 2017
11 Ways Ohio Has Quietly Become The Coolest State In America
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: Ohio is hands-down the most underrated state in the nation. From our incredible history to our modern day advances, we’ve got a lot to be proud of here in the Buckeye State. The following are 11 ways Ohio has quietly become the coolest state in America — and why you should be proud to call Ohio home.
1. Our state capital is one of the smartest cities IN THE WORLD.
The Intelligent Community Forum (ICF), a New York-based think tank, named the world's top 7 most intelligent communities in January of 2015. Columbus was recognized for its 2007-2009 brain gain, economic and employment growth, and technological advances. To read more about this recognition, click
2. When it comes to food, Columbus is "Test City, USA."
Before major fast food chains such as McDonald's, Wendy's, and Chipotle release a new menu item to the world, Columbus has first dibs. NPR, Business Insider, and several other news outlets have reported extensively on this throughout the past few years.
3. Eight U.S. Presidents came from Ohio.
We're currently tied with Virginia for which state has the most — but give it time and that will change.
4. Not to mention, we paved the way for mankind…
Man may have never conjured up the courage to walk on the moon if it wasn’t for one brave Ohioan.
5. …and we continue to do so.
Joke about it all you want, but we know the truth of the matter: We're smart. We're REALLY smart.
6. Columbus is the third most fashion-forward city in the country.
In 2013, Fashion Up deemed Columbus the third "Most Fashion-Forward City in the United States." (Just after New York, NY and Los Angeles, CA.)
7. We’re home to the Roller Coaster Capital OF THE WORLD…
(AKA, Cedar Point Amusement Park in Sandusky.)
8. …the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame…
Cleveland is the proud home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
9. …AND the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Canton is the proud home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
10. Our state is undeniably beautiful without mountains, canyons, and all those other fancy, dramatic geographical features that make other states beautiful.
(It doesn't take a lot to make us beautiful here.)
11. We live in "the heart of it all" — and we're proud of it.
Ohio roots are strong and we love to share the feeling. Check out this shirt by clicking
What do you think of this list? What else would you add? Let us know!