The Most Remote Lake In Ohio Is Also The Most Peaceful
No matter the season, time spent on the water is priceless. Here in Ohio, we have countless ways to enjoy the water, whether we find ourselves on the shores of Lake Erie or admiring a waterfall hidden in the woods. The truth is, if you want to get the most out of Ohio’s natural wonders, you’ll need to be open to traveling a bit off the beaten path. Today’s destination is a picturesque lake in Ohio that promises abundant scenery and, due to its remote location, peace and quiet as well. Here’s more on why you should plan a trip to the beautiful Lake Vesuvius, one of the best lakes in Ohio.
Get a bird’s-eye view of this lovely lake:
For more information, be sure to check out the Forest Service website. Have you ever been to this picturesque lake in Ohio? What did you think? Be sure to share your thoughts with us in the comments below — we’d love to hear from you! For related content, check out our list of the most beautiful hikes in Ohio. There’s something on the list for everyone!
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
The Natural Beauty of Ohio
What are some hidden natural attractions in Ohio?
Hidden natural attractions in Ohio include:
- Scioto Grove Metro Park in Grove City. This park has wide swaths of wildflowers, lush forests, and picturesque bluffs.
- Highlands Nature Sanctuary in Bainbridge. This area was sacred to the Shawnee and Iroquois Nations and is stunningly gorgeous.
- Conkle’s Hollow State Nature Preserve near Rockbridge. This gorge has 200-foot-tall cliffs and an absolutely beautiful hiking trail.
- Sugarcreek Metro Park in Bellbrook. This old-growth forest has some trees that are over 500 years old.
Find out more about these and other hidden natural attractions in Ohio.
What are the most incredible natural attractions in Ohio?
The most incredible natural attractions in Ohio include:
- Natural Bridge in Rockbridge. This is a natural stone bridge that is over 100 feet long and was formed millions of years ago.
- Oak Openings Metro Park in Swanton. This is a place where oak forests, savannas, sand dunes, swamps, and prairies coexist.
- Glacial Grooves State Memorial at Kelleys Island. These are the largest accessible glacial grooves on the planet.
- Brandywine Falls in Sagamore Hills Township. These falls are some of the most stunning in the state and are in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park.
Learn more about the most incredible natural attractions in Ohio.
What are the best bucket list natural attractions in Ohio?
The best bucket list natural attractions in Ohio include:
- Old Man’s Cave. Nestled within the beautiful Hocking Hills State Park, this is an easy hike with a stellar payoff.
- Cuyahoga Valley National Park. There are more than 125 miles of hiking trails here and some of the most beautiful nature in Ohio.
- Mohican Memorial State Forest. There are stunning waterfalls and breathtaking overlooks at this 4,525-acre nature preserve.
- Shawnee State Forest. This is the largest state forest in the state and is a gorgeous spot for camping, horseback riding, and much more.
Discover more about the best bucket list natural attractions in Ohio.