Ohio July 07, 2017
13 Things Longtime Ohioans Wish They Could Tell Newcomers
If you’ve lived in Ohio your whole life, then you know how tiring it can be explaining our ways of life to newcomers. (For some strange reason, many of them still don’t understand the fact that four designated seasons actually don’t exist in Ohio.)
The following are 13 things longtime Ohioans wish they could tell newcomers. See how many you can relate to:
1. First of all, that state up north shall never be named.
Never. Under any circumstances. (And if you're from there, you should consider going back.)
2. If it can be decorated, it needs to be Ohio-themed. (Eventually, you'll understand this.)
Clothes, pillows, bags—you name it and we've likely got our state name and/or shape on it. We're proud. <3
3. Always, always respond with an "I-O" when you hear an "O-H."
If you stay silent, you’re heartless.
4. Skyline Chili isn't for everyone.
You don't have to like it. But you should respect the attempt.
5. There are no designated seasons here.
Stop trying to understand it and just accept it. Life isn't fair.
6. That being said, you shouldn't put your patio furniture out until mid-May.
This right here is a surefire rookie mistake.
7. Don't let the snow stop you from getting to where you need to be...
...just be sure to drive with some common sense
8. DO be prepared for snow anytime, anywhere.
Again, rookie mistake. NEVER leave home without a snow-brush and ice-scraper. It doesn't matter if it's April.
9. Just because something is spelled a certain way, it doesn't mean you HAVE to pronounce it that way.
FYI: It’s "Meijer’s," "Kroger’s" and "JC Penney’s" here.
10. You will never escape the construction.
Ever. Stop wondering when that highway stretch of orange barrels will end. It won’t.
11. Be on guard. Always.
If you make it out of one massive pothole alive, you’ll just hit another one. Don't feel so accomplished.
12. And don't underestimate the deer.
They have a death wish.
13. Ohio really isn't boring at all.
Adventure is always out there. <3
Can you relate? What other things would you add the list? Share your thoughts with us!