Ohio June 13, 2017
14 Legitimate Signs That You Grew Up In Ohio
Growing up in Ohio is fun.
Along the way, you pick up some unusual habits, learn some of life’s most valuable lessons and develop a deep sense of appreciation for where you come from. The following are 14 legitimate signs you grew up in Ohio. See how many you can relate to:
1. No matter where you are in the world, this is a standard pose.
2. You'll forever use the term "pop" instead of "soda."
You always have. Why fix something if it's not broke?
3. Snowfall wasn't rare but snow days certainly were.
Consequently, you learned at a young age to not let snowfall hold you back from anything.
4. This was the best part about eating at Frisch's Big Boy...
And if you could convince your parents to let you get a regular one, you had it made.
5. ...and these:
Picking a color was nearly the most complicated decision of your life.
6. You've never had an accent.
But you're confused as to why people keep saying you do.
7. You've always known the reality of the Ohio State/Michigan rivalry that can tear family and friends apart and it’s perfectly acceptable.
In fact, you've likely lost a fickle friend or two over the years but that's alright. You're a Buckeye and you're proud.
8. You know how to appreciate the beauty of rural Ohio.
Not everyone gets it—and that's OK.
9. Ohio jokes just don't affect you anymore.
You've heard them all your life. You're no longer offended by them. You just laugh along.
10. You genuinely cherish the small town life.
Because you know that when or if you leave, you WILL miss it.
11. You refer to stores such as Meijer, Kroger and JC Penney in possessive form.
It’s "Meijer’s," "Kroger’s" and "JC Penney’s" here and we don’t care if that’s wrong because it just feels right to us.
12. As a child, it took you awhile before you could successfully pronounce (and spell) the name of your hometown.
Practice really does make perfect, though.
13. You took annual family vacations to Geauga Lake.
RIP world's largest amusement park.
14. You genuinely love where you come from.
Ohio pride runs deep. Once an Ohioan, always an Ohioan. <3
How many of these can you relate to? What other legitimate signs are there? Share your experiences!