Ohio March 29, 2015
Here Are 15 Unique Things You Love If You’re From Ohio
Say what you want about us, but there are certain things most (if not all) Ohioans undeniably and unashamedly love—no matter what it might look like to you on the outside looking in at our crazy, yet loveable state.
In any form—football players, mascots, trees, fellow fans and peanut butter chocolate candy.
2) Roller coasters
Because here in Ohio we do them best.
You can make fun of us all you want, but we do this for all sorts of occasions and it’s not like we’re going to stop anytime soon.
5) Being able to go to another state and not flinch at the sight of snowflakes falling from the sky.
Because we are well-versed snow battling veterans here.
6) Experiencing all the seasons.
Yeah, we don’t always get them at the right time, but we at least get the chance to bask in autumn for a couple days and (sometimes) build a snowman during Christmas break (unless of course winter doesn’t decided to show up until March. That can happen too.)
7) Our universities.
8) Having large bodies of water within no more than an hour or two radius of wherever we are that we can go to for spontaneous sun bathing or serenity.
9) Hometown (and state) fairs and festivals
10) Going for a drive.
Whether it’s just for an hour or a cross country road trip, we like to be on the move with people we love and our favorite album blasting from our stereos. We know there’s a lot to see—near and far.
11) Greater's ice cream
(This one is the epitome of self explanatory.)
12) Having any connection to (or mention in) pop culture whether it’s via a band that's hitting it big or a reference in a song, TV show, or movie. (We don’t really care—we just like to have a presence.)
13) Fresh food
We really do understand the beauty that comes from growing your own food and we have the farmer’s markets (and sometimes backyards) to prove it.
14) Staying loyal to their teams no matter what.
15) Showing people why their hometown/state is actually really beautiful and not just a giant cornfield.
What else is there to love about Ohio?