The Enchanting County In Ohio That's Home To 18 Covered Bridges
There are tons of charming covered bridges in Ohio just begging to be photographed. There’s one county in particular, however, that features more than just a handful of them. The Covered Bridges Byway in Ashtabula County, (also known as the Ashtabula County Covered Bridge Tour), is an especially beautiful way to take in some of Ohio’s back road fall foliage and discover some of the best bridges in Ohio along the way. Drive through America’s shortest and longest covered bridge along this scenic route, which features a total of 18 covered bridges in Ashtabula County, with 16 of them drivable. This is one route you’ll definitely want to take this fall:
Now that you can stop searching “covered bridges near me,” are you up for this beautiful drive? Have you ever taken in before? Share your photos and experiences with us!
For more covered bridges and scenic routes in Ohio, check out our previous articles: These 17 Beautiful Covered Bridges In Ohio Will Remind You Of A Simpler Time and Take This Gorgeous Fall Foliage Road Trip To See Ohio Like Never Before.
Perhaps you are still searching for out-of-the-box activities around Ohio. If so, one of our favorite resources (outside of Only In Your State of course,) is Airbnb Experiences. You can cruise through their pages and find offerings ranging from pottery classes to kite sailing, there truly is something for everyone.
More to Explore
Are there any fun road trips in Ohio that I can go on?
Pack your bags and throw some snacks in the glovebox because we are hitting the highway on some fantastic road trips in Ohio:
- The waterfalls in Ohio road trip leads to seven gorgeous falls in about ten hours. It's a perfect weekend adventure.
- The lighthouses in Ohio road trip is three and a half hours of stunning coastal driving that brings you to eight different waterfalls.
- The haunted places in Ohio trip is sure to raise some hairs on your neck but these eight spooky stops are well worth the chills and thrills.
What are the best day trips in Ohio to take?
Another fantastic way to explore this great state is by taking one of these exciting day trips in Ohio:
- The Wilds is an incredibly impressive zoo that offers a drive-through safari opportunity.
- You might not think a grocery store would make for a good day trip, but Jungle Jim's has set out to prove you wrong.
- Clifton Mill is a vintage mill that features a vintage gas station, a restaurant, and a whimsical covered bridge.
Which scenic hikes in Ohio should I do?
If you're looking to see the most beautiful parts of the state, a great way to do that is on foot. Take a look at these exciting hikes in Ohio that are perfect for all abilities:
- The Cuyahoga Ledges Trail takes about an hour to complete and is a comfortable 2.3-mile loop.
- The Broken Rock Falls Loop is an easy one-mile trek with multiple waterfalls.
- Horseshoe Falls Trail is a 1.7-mile out-and-back trail that the whole family is sure to love.