Ohio January 19, 2016
14 Things You Must Know About Dating Someone From Ohio
Ohioans are a special kind of people—and when you’re dating one of us, there are some things you should probably know. From strange pronunciations to diehard sports teams devotions, there are just some things about us you’re not always going to understand. (But you should put up with them anyway. We’re worth it.) Here are 14 things you must know about dating someone from Ohio:
1. We are 100 percent convinced that we don’t have an accent.
Don't waste your time trying to tell us otherwise. We won't have any idea what you're talking about.
2. We know how to have fun…
3. ...and adventures.
April Dray/Only In Your State
4. We're loyal. Very loyal.
No matter the track record, we will stick with you through thick and thin.
5. We’re good sports.
(This is probably because we understand the amount of criticism and trash talk that comes with having an awesome team, and we can take it.)
6. Your enemies will become our enemies---and we expect the same from you.
(This one is a make or break the relationship kind of deal.)
7. We have a sense of humor and we’re secure enough in who we are to make fun of ourselves and our crazy state.
Because we know that it’s perfectly OK—and healthy— to laugh at yourself every once and awhile.
8. Most of us use the term “pop” instead of “soda.”
(And you know what we mean so don't act so confused.)
9. We usually give directions based on a location’s proximity to a major city and we give them in time increments, not miles. (And we expect you to do the same.)
So when our date destination is a surprise and we ask you where it is, “It’s an hour outside of Cleveland” will be the sort of answer we want and we won't accept anything else.
10. We can’t seem to agree on the way that “wash” is pronounced.
Sometimes there’s a “r.” Sometimes there isn’t. Just go with it.
11. Buffalo Wild Wings is “B-Dubs” to us.
Don’t ask for an explanation. That’s just the way it is.
12. Stores such as Meijer, Kroger and JC Penney are referred to in possessive form.
t’s “Meijer’s,” “Kroger’s” and “JC Penney’s” here and we don’t care if that’s wrong because it just feels right to us.
13. We're low maintenance. We go with the flow and roll with the punches.
(Because with weather patterns and street construction zones like ours, it’s kind of essential.)
14. We've got heart.
(It probably comes from living in "The Heart of it All.")
What other things should people know about dating someone from Ohio? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!