Columbus October 25, 2017
10 Reasons Why People From Columbus Are Unbelievably Tough
“What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger,” as the saying goes. Columbus likes to throw some hurdles our way every once in a while… okay, pretty often. But hey, we take them on and we can always handle them, getting tougher in the process. Here are 10 reasons why Columbusites are so tough.
1. We can spend days at outdoor festivals.
Comfest, Jazz and Ribs Fest, Arts Fest, Latino Fest — we enjoy a good festival and don't let the long days wear us down.
2. We all play sports when we’re young.
Track and field, hockey, football, soccer — you name it, we've played it. And sports always mean bruises, sprained ankles, and tough minds.
3. We live in a big city where we have to find our own path.
Columbus offers endless opportunities, but that means you have to find the right one and make it your own.
4. We’re prepared for rainfall, pond-like puddles, and mud at a moment’s notice.
So yeah, Columbus weather, 'nuff said.
5. We can also deal with snow, sleet, ice, and freezing temperatures.
How do we drive during the winter? Or walk, for that matter? It's fine, we can handle it.
6. Say what? Summer? Yes, heat and humidity — bring it on!
If one was to think summer is when we get a break from unbearable weather — they would be wrong.
7. We can easily find different routes when construction closes our path.
We don't let construction stand in our way! There's always something getting built, right?
8. We can survive Buckeye tailgates.
You know how sometimes you get tired after spending too much time at a party? Ok, well, this is like a humongous monstrous party... but we love it.
9. We can handle tough rush hour traffic.
I-270 and Route 23, I’m looking at you.
10. We’re smart — that makes us a tough crowd to beat!
Columbus was named the smartest city in the world recently. With great brains comes great power, right?
Can you think of any other reasons? Share them with us!