Columbus October 11, 2017
9 Habits That Prove You Can Never Take Columbus Out Of The Columbusite
You might move and think you’ve become a great New Yorker or Portlander, but chances are you’ll never quite to be able to hide your Columbus origins. People will probably always have a suspicion of where you actually came from. Here are nine habits that might give you away.
1. You hate Michigan and always answer "O-H" with "I-O."
Is there really something that wrong with Michigan? Umm, yes... yes there is.
2. You’ll always think other people in the country have an accent, not you.
Columbusites have no accent, zero.
3. You measure distance in minutes, not miles.
"It's 30 minutes south of Columbus and 20 minutes east of Dayton."
4. You’ll always be scared of going through summer without AC.
What if it gets hot and humid like it did in Columbus?
5. You will instinctively try to avoid streets named High, Main, or Broad when trying to drive somewhere.
There's got to be another way to get there.
6. You never dress well for winter weather, even though we have a long winter almost every year.
Yep, that's a sure sign of a Columbusite.
7. When people talk about places like Athens or London, you assume they’re talking about other cities in Ohio.
Berlin, Lima, Lebanon, Riga — they're all just an hour or two outside of Columbus.
8. You’ll forever be paranoid about running into a deer on the highway.
You know very well that it could end badly for both of you.
9. And you’ll always be concerned about raccoons snooping in your backyard.
They're always around and they're pretty much not scared of humans at all.
Are you guilty of any of these? Let us know!