Columbus December 26, 2017
9 Things You Must Know About Dating Someone From Columbus
If you’re new to Columbus or haven’t been on a date in a little bit, you might want to know what to expect once you find that special someone. The good news is there’s a good chance you’ve found a great person and you’ll surely have a very fun time dating in Columbus. Columbusites don’t disappoint, so check out this list and have fun!
We’re aware that these uncertain times are limiting many aspects of life. While we continue to feature destinations that make our state wonderful, please take proper precautions or add them to your bucket list to see at a later date. If you know of a local business that could use some extra support during these times, please nominate them here:
1. Your first date will likely be bar hopping in the Short North.
And it will be a blast. The Short North has a huge line-up of exciting unique spots to get food and drinks. It's perfect for a first date because there's something for everyone, and if you find yourself in a place you don't love, you can just hop on over to a different one.
2. Your second date will likely be craft beer tasting.
And it will also be marvelous. If you and your date enjoy beer, there are infinite places to try local brews, and there are so many fantastic varieties. You will surely find plenty of beers to enjoy, and the delightful variety of flavors and colors will give you lots to discuss.
3. At some point you will definitely be asked to indulge in the local music scene.
There's no shortage of great live music to enjoy for the evening. There is jazz, bluegrass, rock, folk, classical - whatever you like, you'll find it here. Music always brings people together, right?
4. Sports are probably a passion of your new special someone, and you will need to learn to love their favorite teams.
Here in Columbus, we really care about our teams and sports. We support them through the good and bad seasons. We know the colors, the songs, the history, and more. Since it's something near and dear to us, you'll want to put some time into learning about this passion so that you can enjoy the wins together.
5. Your date probably participates in several charity or community events.
The people of Columbus are compassionate and giving. Most of us attend charity events, participate in some sort of volunteering, and organize community gatherings. We are invested in improving our surroundings. If your date invites you to a charity event, you'll definitely want to join in.
6. You'll likely be invited to a date at one of the city's great coffee houses.
After all, it can't all be beers and cocktails. Luckily, there are also lots of really cool
in Columbus, where you can enjoy each other's company over a pour-over or cold-brew.
7. Good gifts for him likely include assortment packs of local beers and local sports memorabilia.
Of course, everyone is different, but generally Columbusites welcome anything related to brews and sports. So, if there's a gift giving occasion and you're not quite sure what to give, this is a good place to start.
8. Good gifts for her likely include gift cards to Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams and dinners at romantic restaurants.
Again, if you're not ready to risk giving something too unique, start with these. The flavors of Jeni's are so endless and wonderful that you can count on finding just the right one. As for romantic restaurants, try Lindey's, the Boat House, or Juniper.
9. Overall, your date is probably going to be caring, respectful, and lots of fun!
What are some other things you should know about dating Columbusites? Share them with us!