The Magical Cleveland Christmas Tree That Comes Alive With A Million Colorful Lights
When the most magical time of the year rolls around, Cleveland transforms into a winter wonderland. Snow is an absolutely lovely addition to the landscape, but nothing quite compares to the brilliance of holiday lights. And, if you have never visited Cleveland during the holiday season, you may be surprised to see the extent to which we celebrate. Neighborhoods are absolutely brilliant when draped in DIY lights, and businesses and communities apply all of their design skills when decorating public spaces. Of course, the most anticipated event of the entire holiday season is the tree lighting in Cleveland during Winterfest. Mark your calendars, because this stunning Christmas event in Cleveland is one you won’t want to miss!
The holiday season is made magical by the arrival of the annual WinterLand Tree Lighting Ceremony in Cleveland. Have you ever attended this epic Christmas event in Cleveland? We’d love to hear your stories!
Craving more holiday splendor? Swing by Strongsville for the most incredible light show in Ohio. And if you know someone who loves to travel, be sure to check out our ultimate gift guide for travelers.
More to Explore
Christmas In Cleveland
What are some Christmas towns near Cleveland?
You know Cleveland becomes pretty Holly Jolly for Christmas, so it is no surprise that there are plenty of charming small towns nearby that also want to feel the holiday spirit. Here are some Christmas towns near Cleveland that help you get out of the city and into some holiday fun:
- Kirtland, OH: Come check out the free Historic Kirtland Nativity Exhibit for a "silent night" tradition that has been warming hearts for over 20 years.
- Chagrin Falls, OH: Chagrin will certainly give you "the grins" during the holidays. Especially important to annual traditions throughout the area is the annual Festival of Trees, a light-filled event that you won't want to miss. It is a Cleveland Christmas tree extravaganza!
- Tremont, OH: Did you know A Christmas Story was filled in this small Ohio town? The actual house from the movie is now a museum so you can tour this iconic piece of holiday tradition.
- Strongsville, OH: This Northeast Ohio gem is the home of the Strongsville Winter Wonderland event. If you love big bold holiday celebrations you'll love it.
- Medina, OH: Medina gets pretty festive when the snow flies. The historic downtown is lit like a, well giant Christmas tree. A must-visit location is Castle Noel - a year-round Christmas museum that is a ton of holiday fun.
- Bath, OH: Hale Farm & Village is a charming Christmas village in this equally lovely small town outside of Cleveland. Its guided lantern tour is really a special way to get in the holiday spirit.
- Peninsula, OH: Where else can you actually visit Santa's reindeer? (Well, maybe not his actual reindeer, but they could be.) Heritage Farms is a lovely place to pick out your Christmas tree, meet the reindeer, and celebrate the holidays.