Cleveland November 29, 2016
14 Struggles Everyone In Cleveland Can Relate To
Like a naughty puppy, we just can’t help but love Cleveland, because even though it chews up the furniture and snows erratically, it also loves us back unconditionally. So here’s to the small struggles that give us just enough to complain about without tarnishing our love for the Land!
1. Having to check your weather app every single morning, because you never know if it will be 70 degrees or 17.
Do you put on shorts or snow boots? They probably used this barbecue the day before...
2. The wild emotional roller-coaster of supporting our teams.
From the highs of smash-out wins to the lows of close-out losses, the Indians, Cavs and Browns make us all a bit crazy.
3. Trying to take the RTA to or from a game.
And not getting home for about six hours (take a snack... and maybe a sleeping bag).
4. Trying to choose where to eat.
Because there's so much amazing food in Cleveland.
5. Immediately becoming defensive and suspicious when someone asks where you're from.
Like this koala from the Cleveland Zoo, you're ready to jump anyone who says anything bad about Cleveland.
6. Hearing 'Cleveland Rocks' about seven million times a year.
But secretly loving it, even if you complain every time.
7. Running out of Christmas Ale.
And knowing you have to wait until next year to get more.
8. Knowing that this will inevitably happen to any car you keep for too long.
Unless you maintain it better and longer than anyone really wants to maintain their car.
9. Having to drive to Columbus (or Detroit or Chicago) to see a show.
Then driving back in the same night.
10. Trying to decide which one of your Cleveland shirts suits your mood today.
Because you have about 40 of them, and all of them are just different enough.
11. Being torn between feeling ecstatic that someone famous has come back to Cleveland and still feeling personally slighted that they left in the first place.
LeBron James, Michael Symon...
12. Making a new friend and then finding out their favorite pierogi place isn't the same as your favorite pierogi place.
Let's face it, there's really only one contender.
13. Missing the season at Cedar Point.
Or having to go on the first or last weekend when every single child in Ohio is there.
14. Forgetting to take cash when you go shopping at a certain grocery chain.
The good news is that some stores are now taking card payments.
Do you relate to these struggles? What other everyday struggles do you think every Clevelander can relate to?