These 7 Breathtaking Waterfalls Are Hiding Near Cincinnati
Something about chasing waterfalls is universally magical and exciting. There are actually a few spots where you can view these stunning waterfalls in Ohio and there are even more options if you travel a bit away from the city. All of them provide an oasis for escaping everyday life and reconnecting with nature! Looking for waterfalls near me? No worries – check out some of the most amazing waterfalls near Cincinnati ASAP!
How many of these waterfalls in Ohio have you seen? Are there other waterfalls near Cincinnati that should be on the list of favorites? Share your thoughts in the comment section below. We would love to hear from you!
More to Explore
Waterfalls Near Me
What are some of the most amazing hiking trails with waterfalls around Cincinnati?
Cincinnati is a delight when it comes to hiking trails. If you're looking around for hiking trails with waterfalls around Cincinnati, be sure to reference the following. There are a lot of scenic places to see in Ohio, and Cincinnati is definitely one of those places. Why not get outdoors and do an amazing waterfall hike? For every scenic hike around Cincinnati, there are also hiking trails with waterfalls around Cincinnati, too!
- Fallsville Falls Trail can be found at Fallsville Wildlife Area. It’s a 1,785-acre wildlife refuge that’s just seven miles north of Hillsboro.
- Upper Falls at Old Man’s Cave in Hocking Hills, which is a breathtaking 2,356-acre state park in Ohio with amazing natural wonders galore, like cliffs, rock formations, and caves on top of the waterfalls.
- Cumberland Falls in nearby Corbin, Kentucky. This is often called the “Niagara of the South,” and you’ll see why when you get here.
Where are the best waterfall hikes in Cincinnati?
Need more waterfall hikes in Cincinnati? No worries – there are plenty!
- One of the most awe-inspiring is the Eagle Falls hike, in Cumberland, Kentucky, which isn’t IN Cincy but it’s absolutely nearby. The Eagle Falls Trail offers amazing views of Cumberland Falls and is definitely one of the most photogenic hiking trails around Cincinnati.
- There's also the Charleston Falls Preserve in Miami County, Ohio, which is just two hours from Cincy and absolutely captivating.
What are the best waterfalls around Cincinnati?
With so many waterfall hiking trails in and around Cincinnati, it’s obvious that there’s no shortage of waterfalls in the area. A couple of our favorites include:
- Creation Falls can be found in Red River Gorge, Kentucky. That one can be accessed via a short hike and also features a stunningly beautiful sandy beach (turns out we do have those around here).
- At Hocking Hills, Ohio, check out the tall beauty of a waterfall at Ash Cave. That waterfall in Ohio can be roaring or at a mere trickle – it just depends on recent rainfall or snowmelt.