These 7 Ohio Campgrounds Have Comfortable And Spacious Yurts You Can Stay In
Sometimes, you want to camp the old-fashioned way, but you’d rather not sleep on the ground. Fortunately, Ohio is home to several campgrounds that offer yurts you can rent for the night—complete with a comfy bed and elevated floor. (As an added bonus, some of these “glamping” accommodations even feature full bathrooms.) The following are some of our favorite yurt campgrounds in Ohio perfect for your next adventure.
Have you ever stayed in any of these yurt campgrounds in Ohio before? If so, we want to know what your experience was like!
For more unique camping ideas in Ohio check out our previous article: Few People Know About These Unexpectedly Awesome Tree Houses In Ohio Amish Country.
More to Explore
Campgrounds in Ohio
What are some no-reservation campgrounds in Ohio?
Looking to escape into the wondrous wilds of the Buckeye State on a moment's notice? Check out the following no-reservation campgrounds in Ohio:
- Burr Oak Cove Campground (Glouster)
- Lamping Homestead Recreation Area (Woodsfield)
- Atkinson Ridge Hunters Camp (Zaleski)
- Lane Farm Campground (Marietta)
- Ring Mill Campground (Sistersville)
What are some other places for glamping in Ohio?
Looking to turn your next camping trip into a luxurious glamping getaway in Ohio? Check out these epic places for glamping in Ohio:
- Tullihas in the Trees. Spend some time in Ohio nature and spend the night among the trees at Tullihas in the Trees, a one-of-a-kind Airbnb. You'll find it in the quiet village of Frazeysburg in Muskingum County. This lovely little tree house is the ultimate glamping destination. It features two beds and can accommodate up to five guests. There's a cozy loft for sleeping, as well as multiple hammocks hanging from the tree house, making this glamping getaway the perfect place to lounge and soak up the scenery.
- Hocking Hills Treehouse Cabins. Ever wanted to sleep in the treetops, surrounded by the forest canopy? When you book a glamping getaway at Hocking Hills Treehouse Cabins, this is exactly what you can look forward to. Spending the night in a treehouse cabin offers all the excitement of a camping adventure with far less work. Each of the four cabin spaces is completely outfitted with everything you need for a cozy stay.
- Gann Glamping Dome. Gann, still called Brinkhaven by some locals, is a teeny, tiny community with around 120 residents. It's right on the edge of the Mohican area, and it's where this dreamy glamping dome can be found. With seven acres of seclusion, heat and air conditioning to make it habitable all year round, and a hot tub just for you, there's so much to love about this Mohican hideaway Airbnb. However, it fills up fast... if you have a date in mind, book it now!