Go Glamping At These Amazing Campgrounds In California With Yurts For An Unforgettable Adventure
Glamping, a blend of the words “glamour” and “camping,” is a rapidly growing trend for those who love snoozing in the great outdoors. It’s the intersection of modern luxury and a rustic experience; upscale form and function, and nirvana. The concept of a yurt — a combination tent/house/hut — is nothing new. If you really think about the history of some of the world’s nomadic cultures, it’s how people lived long before there were established communities and modern cities. Although at their core yurts consist of canvas “walls” held up with metal or wooden framing materials and typically set upon a wooden platform, sans “manmade” heat or plumbing, today’s upscale yurts are often anything but. The following are three amazing yurts in Northern California that just may speak to your particular glamping penchant! Time for some yurt glamping in Northern California.
Whether a stand-alone on the precipice of a cliff, at a luxurious eco-lodge, or within a traditional campground setting, yurts—and some truly fabulous ones at that—are a very popular way to enjoy the great outdoors.
Have you glamped in any yurts in Northern California? If so, what did you enjoy the most? We’d love to see your photos and hear about your experiences in the comments. If you’d like alternate glamping options, here are some wonderful glamping resorts.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
The Natural Beauty of Northern California
What are the most beautiful natural wonders in Northern California?
The most beautiful natural wonders in Northern California include:
- Redwood National Park. The trees here are towering giants and are the tallest trees on the planet. Taking a drive through this area will be quite memorable.
- Trinity Alps Wilderness. This area looks as though no human has ever set foot there. While many have, it has a pristine beauty that is hard to overstate.
- Point Reyes National Seashore. This is a natural sanctuary with fantastic ocean views from scenic oceanside cliffs.
- Lake Tahoe. This is a nationally well-known lake and people have been taking trips here for several generations.
Find out more about the most beautiful natural wonders in Northern California.
What are the most peaceful places in Northern California?
The most peaceful places in Northern California include:
- Tule Lake National Wildlife Refuge. Located in the Klamath Basin near the Oregon border, this huge area of wetlands is quite calm and lovely.
- Drakes Beach. This is a hidden beach set against limestone cliffs where you can see elephant seals playing and relaxing.
- Nisene Marks State Park. There are 30 miles of trails that traverse the sea cliffs and the redwood forests and it’s utterly breathtaking.
- Stillwater Cove Regional Park. This is a 210-acre preserve that has forests, meadows, and a secret beach. Come here to get away from it all.
Discover more about the most peaceful places in Northern California.
What are the most incredible natural attractions in Northern California?
The most incredible natural attractions in Northern California include:
- Mount Shasta. This gorgeous mountain is filled with stunning natural scenery and is a favorite place for hiking, swimming, boating, seeing waterfalls, and more.
- Burney Falls. Located in the McArthur-Burney Memorial State Park, these idyllic waterfalls with bright turquoise waters are a splendid sight.
- Castle Crags State Park. The spires of granite in this wild mountain range were formed millions of years ago by glaciers.
- North Table Mountain Ecological Reserve. The rolling meadows and fields here contain colorful wildflowers like lupines and poppies.
Learn more about the most incredible natural attractions in Northern California.