Four Stunning California State Parks Where You Can Camp All Year-Round
As local travel experts, we know what travelers are looking for when it comes to finding the perfect accommodations for their next trip. To compile our lists, we scour the internet to find properties with excellent ratings and reviews, desirable amenities, nearby attractions, and that something special that makes a destination worthy of traveling for.
Some of the best campsites in Northern California can be found in the spectacular state parks scattered in this part of the county. From the coast to the redwoods, along rushing rivers, and in steep mountainous terrain, you will find a Northern California state park campground to suit your particular needs and desires. Although many state park campgrounds are only open seasonally, there are those that welcome guests year-round. The following are four that should be listed on any state park campground bucket list when you’re in Northern California.
These four campgrounds simply can’t be beaten for year-round outdoor living fun! Have you camped at any of these amazing year-round spots? If so, we’d love to hear about your experiences in the following comments section.
If you’re traveling with the family and looking for an activity the entire family can enjoy, check out these stunning hikes in Northern California too.
More to Explore
Best Campsites in Northern California
What are some of the best campsites in Northern California for glamping?
If you're looking to be pampered while you spend time in nature, take a look at these best campsites in Northern California for glamping.
- Murphys Glamping: This unique campground in the small town of Murphy offers guests the opportunity to stay in a dome that features all the comforts of home.
- Mendocino Grove: You'll get to imagine what life would be like if you were visiting Africa when you stay in one of the safari-inspired tents at this campground near Mendocino.
- Camp Cruz: Stay in a one-of-a-kind yurt or dome when you camp in comfort among the Santa Cruz Mountains.
You'll also find information about more of the best campsites in Northern California for glamping in this previous coverage.
Where is the best year-round camping in Northern California near water?
Some of the best year-round camping in Northern California locations include the following destinations:
- Collins Lake: You and your family will have 12 miles of shoreline to explore when you stay at this scenic campsite that's open throughout the year.
- Gold Bluffs Beach Campground: This breathtaking campground has 24 campsites and is located in Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park.
Take a look at these Northern California campgrounds on beaches with stunning water views too.
Where in Northern California can you camp in a covered wagon?
For a unique experience that'll make you feel as if you're in the 1800s, head to Yosemite Pines RV Resort and Family Lodge in Northern California to camp in a covered wagon. This one-of-a-kind campground in the heart of Yosemite has Conestoga Wagons that can sleep anywhere from four to six guests. You also have the option to pitch a tent or stay in a luxury cabin when you stay at one of the best campsites in Northern California.