Northern California December 24, 2016
15 Undeniable Things Every True Northern Californian Has Done At Least Once
There’s a lot of different kinds of people who make their home in Northern California, but there are a few things we all have in common. Whether we’ve done the things on this list a million times or just every once in a while, you can definitely bet that we’ve checked them off the bucket list.
1. Cut down your own Christmas Tree.
2. Visited the Sierra Nevada region.
3. Driven by Mount Shasta.
4. Watched the sun set over the ocean.
5. Eaten Grilled Culinary Delights and called it BBQ (Other parts of the country, especially the South, might have certain stipulations about what should be considered “barbecue,” but here in Northern California, if you throw it over some coals we call it BBQ. BBQ veggies, BBQ salmon, BBQ Burgers… it’s all good!)
6. Driven down a quite country road.
7. Picked “stickers” out of your socks after walking through a field of weeds in the summer.
8. Breathed in wildfire smoke.
9. Worried about wildfires endangering our homes or beloved locations.
10. Thanked a firefighter.
11. Jumped in a cold lake on a hot day.
12. Accidentally slapped ourselves when going for a mosquito.
13. Wished for rain.
14. Dreamed of having a White Christmas.
15. Gone for a walk in the woods.
What else would you add to this list? For more Northern California humor, be sure to check out
15 Reasons Why You Should Never, Ever Move To Northern California.