10 Breathtaking Photos That Prove Spring In Northern California Is The Most Beautiful Time Of Year
The recent winter storm that swept through Northern California was a good reminder that winter’s not over ’til it’s
really over. However, the precipitation also made us that much more excited for spring’s arrival. It’s only a matter of time before many of NorCal’s landscapes undergo a wild transformation as plants and flowers start to bloom and wildlife wakes up. We gathered some of our favorite springtime photos of our region’s most beloved spots so you can start getting pumped for the new season. Check them out and make it your goal to see these places IRL once spring officially arrives!
1. Half Moon Bay is utterly beautiful all year long, but the blooming springtime wildflowers make it all the more breathtaking.
2. The famous Mossbrae Falls in Dunsmuir takes on an extra lush quality during the spring season. Just look at all that green!
3. Even some of NorCal's most rugged landscapes transform into a peaceful oasis during spring. This view of the mountains in Mammoth Lakes at sunset is simply spectacular.
4. As one of Northern California's most iconic peaks, Mt. Shasta stands out no matter what time of year it is. This shot of the snow-covered peak is beautifully complemented by a vibrant green valley and old barn.
5. This view of the Pacific Ocean from Marin County's Mount Tamalpais is made even more gorgeous with a brilliant sunset and vibrant growth of spring wildflowers.
6. It's rare to get a clear shot of the Golden Gate Bridge sans fog, but the view is magical when you do! There sure is a lot of color in this spectacular spring morning shot.
7. You know that spring has definitely arrived when the canola fields are in full bloom. The pink and purple sky over this field in Fremont just adds to this already gorgeous landscape!
8. Spring is an excellent time to see Northern California's famous redwood trees. Taken in Redwood National Park, this photo gives just a small taste of the redwood forests' once-in-a-lifetime kind of beauty.
9. Bright blue skies and green rolling hills are a sight to be seen at Amador County's vineyards in springtime. Add a glass of wine and this view is picture perfect!
10. This mystical shot of Manzanita Lake with Mount Lassen in the background looks almost otherworldly. Northern California's natural beauty truly knows no end.
Are you excited for the spring season here in Northern California? These springtime photos definitely inspired us to get out there and explore as the weather warms up. For more heavenly spring destinations, check out this list of
11 Charming River Towns In Northern California To Visit This Spring.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.