State Route 3 Is A Back Road You Didn't Know Existed But Is Perfect For A Scenic Drive In Northern California
When you feel like going for a scenic drive around Northern California, the number of potential routes seems endless. Just pick a highway and you’re bound to end up somewhere good! However, you’re in for an especially lovely adventure when you hop on California State Route 3. This state highway runs north-south between the small towns of Peanut and Montague, treating drivers to incredible viewing opportunities along the way. Every drive on this scenic back road is bound to result in a memorable trip, so consider choosing it for your next outing! We know you are going to love it!
Have you traversed this scenic back road yet? What’s your favorite highway to explore in Northern California? Let us know in the comments below.
Sounds like you are a road trip kinda person! So you will definitely enjoy reading The Best Sight In The World Is Actually A Road Sign That Says Welcome To California.
And while you’re at it, if you’d like to explore hikes around any of these stops you can find some great trails by going to the AllTrails website.
If you’re still in the mood for more California adventures, take a look at this video:
More to Explore
More Northern California Adventures
Where can we find other scenic drives in Northern California?
- State Route 160 takes you through the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta and offers a wealth of wildlife sightings, waterways, vineyards, and more.
- State Route 89 begins in Lake Almanor and continues toward Mount Shasta, which also traverses through the Lassen National Forest.
- State Route 254, also known as Avenue of the Giants, winds through Northern California’s spectacular redwood forest areas.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other scenic drives in Northern California.
Where can we find waterfront restaurants in Northern California?
- Moe's Original BBQ in Tahoe City is one of the most popular barbecue restaurants in Northern California.
- Cafe Waterfront in Eureka is known for its views and great Bloody Marys.
- The Tides Wharf Restaurant in Bodega Bay serves up delicious seafood, fish, and other dishes
Read on to learn more about some of the many other stunning waterfront restaurants in Northern California.
Where can we find railway adventures in Northern California?
- The Niles Canyon Railway makes several stops between San Francisco and Santa Clara and features themed rides throughout the year.
- The Napa Valley Wine Train is very popular with those who want to stop at several of this region’s major wineries.
- The Yosemite Mountain Sugar Pine Railroad is a historic, open-air railroad that operates steam train locomotives.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other fun railway adventures in Northern California.