Here Are 8 Swimming Holes Near San Francisco That Will Make Your Summer Epic
When the weather gets hot, the tough get swimming. If you’re looking to get wet and have some fun, then check out these Bay Area swimming holes around San Francisco. Let’s start swimming!
Have you been to any of these Bay Area swimming holes? Do you have any favorite secret swimming holes? Let us know and share your experiences in the comments. Share this story too! If you’re curious about the best swimming holes then check out this lazy river near San Francisco.
More to Explore
Natural Wonders in Northern California
What are the most beautiful natural wonders in Northern California?
The most beautiful natural wonders in Northern California include:
- Trinity Alps Wilderness. This is an area that looks as though no human has ever set foot there. While many do, it has a pristine beauty that can’t be overstated.
- Point Reyes National Seashore. This is a natural sanctuary with amazing ocean views from stunning oceanside cliffs.
- Redwood National Park. The trees here are massive giants and are the tallest trees on the planet. Taking a drive through this area will be something to remember.
- Lake Tahoe. This is a nationally famous lake and people have been taking trips here for generations.
Find out more about the most beautiful natural wonders in Northern California.
What are the most incredible natural attractions in Northern California?
The most incredible natural attractions in Northern California include:
- Burney Falls. Located in the McArthur-Burney Memorial State Park, these lush waterfalls with bright turquoise waters are quite a sight.
- Castle Crags State Park. The jagged granite peaks of this rugged mountain range were formed millions of years ago by glaciers.
- Mount Shasta. This stunning mountain is replete with majestic natural scenery and is a favorite place for hiking, swimming, boating, seeing waterfalls, and more.
- North Table Mountain Ecological Reserve. The rolling meadows and fields here contain vibrant wildflowers like lupines and poppies.
Learn more about the most incredible natural attractions in Northern California.
What are the most peaceful places in Northern California?
The most peaceful places in Northern California include:
- Drakes Beach. This is a secluded beach set against limestone cliffs where you can see elephant seals frolicking about.
- Nisene Marks State Park. There are 30 miles of trails from the sea cliffs into the redwood forests and it’s utterly gorgeous.
- Tule Lake National Wildlife Refuge. Located in the Klamath Basin near the Oregon border, this vast expanse of wetlands is quite serene.
- Stillwater Cove Regional Park. This is a 210-acre preserve with forests, meadows, and a secret beach. Come here to get away from it all.
Discover more about the most peaceful places in Northern California.