San Francisco October 28, 2016
10 Ways Living In San Francisco Ruins You For Life
Let’s face it, once you’ve lived in San Francisco it’s pretty hard to live anywhere else. From the glorious weather to our award-winning restaurants and everything else in between, it’s difficult to adapt to the rest of the world once you’ve experienced the eclecticism of San Francisco. What makes this place so marvelous and sometimes perplexing? Let’s see!
1. Hardly anything will shock you.
San Francisco is a town of eclectic characters, so what can shock a San Franciscan? Not much can't be seen on the streets of San Francisco.
2. You're always ready for a line.
If there is one thing people in Fog City tolerate, it’s standing in line. For pastries, burritos, coffee, and especially brunch!
3. You'll become a wine connoisseur.
With its proximity to Napa Valley, and a great wine culture, San Francisco will make you appreciate wine—so much so you may become a bit insufferable about it.
4. You'll develop strong opinions about burritos.
Whenever you leave San Francisco, you'll always be judging the burritos, especially when you're outside California. The taquerias in Fog City are numerous and celebrated.
5. You will no longer be able to tolerate really extreme seasonal weather.
People in San Francisco love the temperate weather and, yes, even the fog. Seasons? Forget about 'em.
6. You'll be spoiled by a rich music history and culture.
San Francisco is one of a kind when it comes to its genre- and generation-defining music history.
7. You'll expect the freshest produce all year long.
You can find the finest, freshest food anywhere because it’s all grown near San Francisco.
8. You will become a snob.
It seems this is national news.
Travel + Leisure magazine readers rated San Francisco the No.1 snobbiest city in America in 2013. Ouch!
9. You'll expect easy access to some of the country's most beautiful nature.
In and near San Francisco, we get to enjoy the ocean, redwoods, mountains, and more—and they're all available to enjoy year-round.
10. If you find a studio that rents for less than $1500, you'll think it's a steal.
Everything in a pricey town can be related back to the absurd rent prices, so once you leave you're scarred. So, the only thing to do is to stay in this beautiful town because it is worth it!
Did we miss something? There are many things we could have added, so let us know.