San Francisco June 29, 2017
8 Glorious Campgrounds Near San Francisco Where No Reservation Is Required
Summer is here, so get out and enjoy nature. There are campgrounds around the Bay area where no reservation is required. All you need to do is get up early to these spots for first dibs. These campgrounds around the San Francisco Bay area are first come first serve. Get going and check these places out. Let’s get the ball rolling!
1. China Camp State Park - 898 N San Pedro Rd, San Rafael, 94901
China Camp State Park features stunning panoramic views of San Pablo and San Francisco Bays and hiking trail. Also, you can if you're curious be close to wildlife. Come by unannounced and camp!
2. Half Moon Bay Campground - 460 Wavecrest Rd, Half Moon Bay, 94019
Hop and skip away from the city, and gorgeous as well. This campground also offers an RV park and plenty of room to explore. The nearby beach access is always a guaranteed winner as well.
3. Lawson's Landing - 137 Marine View Dr, Dillon Beach, 94929
If you're going towards Bodega Bay then you need to stop here to camp. No reservations required either. Also, not many places let you camp so close to the water.
4. Castle Rocks State Campground - 15000 Skyline Blvd, Los Gatos, 95032
This park and campground only offers first-come, first-served trail camping only. The campground is at the north end of the park at Castle Rock Trail Camp. There's running water here as well as toilets, making it a very worthwhile camping spot.
5. Carnegie SVRA Campground - 18600 W Corral Hollow Road,
There are lots of trails for hiking and biking and off roading. There is a first come and first serve process to securing the night in the campground.
6. Stillwater Cove Park Campsite - 22455 Highway 1, Sonoma, 94923
There are reserved campsites and walk up sites you can camp on as well This is a hidden gem for people who enjoy the serene and wildlife scenery.
7. Austin Creek State Recreation Area - 17000 Armstrong Woods Rd, Guerneville, 95446
This is a memorable campsite on the bank of a deep green river. You're not too far from the Redwoods, so you have the added bonus of iconic California nature.
8. Bullards Bar Reservoir Camp - 12571 Marysville Rd, Emerald Cove Marina, Dobbins, 95935
This campsite is also near a popular tubing spot. Also, this is a big, beautiful recreation facility known for excellent fishing. Come by and grab a spot before it's too late.
Have you been to any of these campgrounds? Let us know. If you’re curious about nature in the city then check out
The Most Beautiful Campground In All Of San Francisco.