The San Francisco Bay area is full of places to hike and even bike in nature. The best trails are often in places you least expect. Take the time to discover these beautiful and awe-inspiring bike trails. The San Francisco Bay area offers a lot of trails for bikers and hikers alike. Let’s start riding!
1. Angel Island Trail: Angel Island State Park, Tiburon, CA 94920
You can bring your bike on the ferry and you can also camp if you're interested too. Angel Island offers a plethora of trails in a calm and less crowded environment. Also, the views here are awesome!
2. Mount Sutro Historic Trail: Medical Ctr Way, San Francisco, 94143
This is a city trail, so it is popular and filled with many people. Beware on these trails of the other people, but the beauty of this urban trail will dazzle. Trails are nicely paved and the park is lush and green.
3. Golden Gate Promenade/Bay Trail: Presidio, San Francisco, CA 94129
The most scenic and well known destination yet. This is the trail to do for biking, walking, or hiking. This trail stretches along the San Francisco Bay shoreline, so it’s a guaranteed stunner. You’ll have awesome views of the city skyline, the Marin Headlands, and of course, the Golden Gate Bridge.
4. Montara Mountain Trail/McNee Ranch State Park: Hwy 1, Montara, 94044
You're bound to lose yourself in the vastness of open space and lushly covered hillsides,. Biking here is definitely a place to reconnect with all that makes coastal California so unforgettably great!
5. Joaquin Miller Trail: 3450 Joaquin Miller Rd, Oakland, CA 94602
You'll need to share the trails, so watch out for the other hikers and nature lovers. The popular trail is good for anyone up for a challenge. One of the several switchbacks at Joaquin Miller is called "Cinderella" trail, and it is also quite fun.
6. Marin Headlands Trail: 948 Fort Barry, Sausalito, 94965
Enjoy a bike ride through varied trails, and take in the wonderful views of the Pacific Coast and San Francisco. The explosion of wildflowers in the spring fills the Headlands with year-round excitement.
7. Sawyer Camp Trail: Crystal Springs Rd & Skyline Blvd, San Mateo, 94401
Paved trails and a lot of space makes this a winner for bikers. If you want a good, leisurely trail to walk, run, or ride your bike, this is the perfect place. Lastly, this spot is very close to the city too!
8. Anthony Chabot Trails: 9999 Redwood Rd, Castro Valley, CA 94546
Check out this great spot not too far outside of the city. There is a nice mix of families, bikers, and people with dogs on the trail. If you're a serious biker just make sure to give time for everyone to enjoy the trails.
9. Mount Tamalpais Fire Roads to West Point Inn Trail: Mount Tamalpais State Park, 3801 Panoramic Hwy, Mill Valley, 94941
Marin is the home of biking, so you better head to this classic mountain spot. If you are a mountain biker there is a cool Loop from Pantoll. The options and beauty here are limitless.
10. Ring Mountain Trail: Paradise Dr, Corte Madera, 94976
Breathtaking views, rewarding hiking and biking once you get up to the top! This is a true gem in the Bay area, so keep it secret.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.