San Francisco May 07, 2017
by Julian Garr 10 Vintage Photos Of San Francisco’s Streets That Will Take You Back In Time
Our beloved city has a lot to offer, especially visually. In terms of vintage photos, there are a lot of memorable and dramatic photos of the streets in this great city. The history of San Francisco is rich among many generations because of the vibrant changes in culture, technology, and much more. Let’s take a look at these vintage photos from San Francisco’s history.
1. This is the end of the cable car line in Powell Street, San Francisco. The photo dates from 1969. The main strip on Powell Street has changed a lot. The urban and shopping strip has become much more global in the past decade.
2. The hills of San Francisco have always been a constant in this beautiful city. This photos dates from the early 1960s and includes some really cool classic cars.
3. This is in front of the Ferry Building at Market Street, Embarcadero in San Francisco. The picture was taken in 1954. The street and area in front of the Ferry building now looks completely different.
4. The beauty of San Francisco, especially the Cliff House, is timeless. In this photo, dated from the late 1950s and early 1960s, you can see the entrance to Sky Tram on the left.
5. Here is 24th and Guerrero Streets, looking north in the city. This is a great shot to show how much the city has stayed the same for once because the homes and architectural style persist through the years.
6. This is a street scene in the downtown Chinatown in San Francisco. Some places and streets clearly don't change too much.
7. This is a great street angle of the Cable Car going up California Street just west of Powell Street. This picture dates from 1955. Some of these classic city images never change!
8. This is from 1957 showing California Street at Market. Most of what you see in this photo has been demolished or has completely changed.
9. Another great classic street view near Stockton and California Street. Here you can see the cable car chugging along this scenic part of the city.
10. A cool street view most likely taken from an upper floor building. This is an aerial view of Market Street looking east from the corner of Powell Street.
Tell us what you think of these pictures. Let us know if you have anything else to share too. If you’re curious about arcane city stuff, read more about
This Place In San Francisco That Makes You Feel Like You’ve Stepped Through A Magical Wardrobe.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.