You Won’t Want To Miss These Incredible Fireworks Shows In Northern California This Year
As the 4th of July approaches, you might be asking, “where can I find fireworks near me this year?” Luckily, Northern California does Independence Day right. From large scale fireworks shows to small town pancake breakfasts, here’s a list of all the celebrations near you this 4th of July, as well as the weekend prior.
Don’t forget, personal fireworks are going to be illegal in much of Northern California on the 4th of July due to Wildfire risk and safety. If you do have any personal fireworks, have a bucket of water handy.
In 2016, we told you all about the fantastic places to see fireworks in Northern California. Without further ado, here is our master list of all 2017 Northern California 4th of July celebrations (skip to the bottom to see the full list).
Fireworks by county: All events are scheduled for July 4th unless otherwise noted.
- Fortuna Fireworks Festival: July 3, 10:30am, Newburg Park.
- Eureka: 4th of July Festival, Old Town Eureka 10am-5pm. Fireworks show, 10pm over Humboldt Bay.
- Benbow: 9:30pm, Benbow Lake State Recreation Area *Parking is limited.
- Ferndale: The celebration starts at 10am, the fireworks are at 9:30pm at the Humboldt County Fairgrounds
- Arcata: 4th of July Jubilee, 10:30am Arcata Plaza
- Crescent City: Celebration and parade, 10am. Fireworks at Beachfront Park, 9-10pm
- Fort Bragg: July 1st Fireworks at Pomo Bluff Park. Parking is at Mendocino College, Noyo Beach and South Noyo Trail.
- Mendocino: Parade, 12pm, downtown.
- Point Arena: July 1-2 Street Fairs, Live Music, Parada, etc. Fireworks off the end of City Pier in Arena Cove.
- Willits Frontier Days: Rodeo, 4pm, Jack Tharp Arena.
- Yreka: Siskiyou Golden Fair, 9pm
- Mt. Shasta: Fireworks over Lake Siskiyou, 9:45pm
- Alturas: Fandango Days Fireworks at the California Pines, 9pm
- Weaverville: Independence Day Celebrations, June 29- July 4th. Fireworks: July 3rd at 10pm.
- Redding: Freedom Festival and Fireworks at the Civic Auditorium at 10pm (seating starts at 7pm)
- Mt. Shasta: Artisan Market & Street Fair, Mountain Run, and Fireworks at dusk.
- Susanville: Lassen County Fair, 9pm.
- Red Bluff: Fireworks show at 10pm from River Park.
- Oroville: North Forebay State Park, Fireworks Show at Dusk.
- Chico: Silver Dollar Speedway, 10pm.
- Chester: Fun Run/Walk, 8:30am, and Parade, 11am
- Lake Alamanor: Fireworks Spectacular, 9pm
- Taylorsville: Silver Buckle Rodeo, 1pm
- Bucks Lake: Annual Boat Parade, 3pm
- Graeagle: Independence Day Parade, 1pm
- Graeagle: Graeagle Mill Pond, Fireworks July 1st and 2nd at dusk.
- Downieville: Parade and Foot Races. 12pm-5pm
- Grass Valley: Parade, 11am, Fireworks, 9:30pm at the Nevada County Fairgrounds
- Truckee: Donner Lake from West End Beach, 9:30
- Kings Beach: July 3 Fireworks & Beach Party, Fireworks at 9:30
- Tahoe City: Ginormous Fireworks Show & Family Beach Day, Fireworks at Dusk
- Squaw Valley: Freedom Fest July 1-4, Fireworks at 9pm on July 3rd
- Northstar: Beerfest & Bluegrass Festival: July 1-2
- Roseville: Parade, Activities, and Fireworks starting at 9:30pm
- Auburn: Gold Country Fairgrounds, Fireworks at 9:40pm
- Colfax: Downtown, Lightshow begins after dark.
- Lincoln: Old Civic Auditorium, Parade and Festivities, 9am.
- South Lake Tahoe: From town center, 9:45pm
- Placerville: El Dorado County Fair Grounds, 4th of July Family Blast. Gates open at 4pm, Fireworks at dusk
- El Dorado Hills: Fireworks & Freedom Concert: July 3rd, 6pm-11pm. Fireworks at 9:30
- Marysville: Sing the National Anthem with the Sierra Gold Chorus, July 3, 6:30-8:30pm
- Yuba City: Independence Day Parade, 10am.
- Mokelumme Hill: Moke Hill Town Hall, Pancake Breakfast 7:30am, and Parade, 11am
- Murphys: Ironstone Vineyards: Fireworks July 1 at dusk.
- West Point: A musical celebration of July 4th, 4-7pm. Brickman residence
- Jackson: Jackson Junior High, July 3rd Fireworks, 5-9:30pm
- Plymouth: Iron Hub Winery , 4th of July Pre Party, July 1, 11am-5pm
- Willows: Flag Ceremony and Fireworks at Jensen Park, dusk.
- Colusa: Fairgrounds Fireworks Show, gates open at 7pm, fireworks at dusk.
- Lakeport: Liberty Park, Vendor booths, live music, food and fireworks 10am-9pm
- Clearlake Oaks: Maxine Sherman Memorial Fireworks Clearlake Oaks Boat Launch July 3, 9:30 pm
- Hidden Valley Lake: Music, activities and fireworks at dusk. July 2.
- Davis: Parade, Pancake Breakfast, and Fireworks viewing at the High School. Fireworks at 9:35
- Woodland: Fun Run
- Sacramento: Independence Day Celebration, 5pm, Cal Expo, doors open at 5pm, fireworks start at 9:30
- Sacramento: Howe Park, Parade, 10am
- Sacramento: County Building on Fulton Ave. Arden-Arcade Parade: 10am
- Elk Grove: Regional Park, A Salute to the Red, White & Blue, Pancake Breakfast, Car Show, etc. Fireworks at 9:30pm
- Rancho Cordova: Hagan Park, Fireworks at 9:30pm
- Carmichael: Gala Parade and Fireworks. La Sierra Community Cent, Fireworks at 7pm
For more fireworks in the San Francisco, the Bay Area, and surrounding counties, please click here.
For more fireworks in Southern California, please click here.
We wish everyone a safe, fun, and relaxing 4th of July where ever you end up! Enjoy the show and this wonderful holiday!