The Most Beautiful Lake In America Isn’t One Of The Great Lakes… And It’s Right Here In Northern California
Country Living recently published a list of the 45 most beautiful places in America, choosing the prettiest places from different categories. When it comes to the prettiest lakes in the US, the Great Lakes typically take the cake in notoriety. Huron, Ontario, Michigan, Erie, and Superior are all mighty and stunning lakes, to be sure, but there’s a lake in Northern California that tops them all. Lake Tahoe is one of the most magnificent sights in the country, and its beauty is completely unmatched by any of the other Northern California lakes. This is not only one of the best lakes in Northern California, but also one of the most beautiful lakes in the US.
Check out the magnificent views at Lake Tahoe:
Does Lake Tahoe top your list of the most beautiful lakes in the US? Share your thoughts in the comments! Find out which lakes our readers have said are the most beautiful lakes in Northern California.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
Natural Wonders in Northern California
What are the most incredible natural attractions in Northern California?
The most incredible natural attractions in Northern California include:
- Mount Shasta. This stunning mountain is replete with majestic natural scenery and is a favorite place for hiking, swimming, boating, seeing waterfalls, and more.
- Burney Falls. Located in the McArthur-Burney Memorial State Park, these lush waterfalls with bright turquoise waters are quite a sight.
- Castle Crags State Park. The jagged granite peaks of this rugged mountain range were formed millions of years ago by glaciers.
- North Table Mountain Ecological Reserve. The rolling meadows and fields here contain vibrant wildflowers like lupines and poppies.
Learn more about the most incredible natural attractions in Northern California.
What are the most beautiful natural wonders in Northern California?
The most beautiful natural wonders in Northern California include:
- Redwood National Park. The trees here are massive giants and are the tallest trees on the planet. Taking a drive through this area will be something to remember.
- Trinity Alps Wilderness. This is an area that looks as though no human has ever set foot there. While many do, it has a pristine beauty that can’t be overstated.
- Point Reyes National Seashore. This is a natural sanctuary with amazing ocean views from stunning oceanside cliffs.
- Lake Tahoe. This is a nationally famous lake and people have been taking trips here for generations.
Find out more about the most beautiful natural wonders in Northern California.
What are the most peaceful places in Northern California?
The most peaceful places in Northern California include:
- Tule Lake National Wildlife Refuge. Located in the Klamath Basin near the Oregon border, this vast expanse of wetlands is quite serene.
- Drakes Beach. This is a secluded beach set against limestone cliffs where you can see elephant seals frolicking about.
- Nisene Marks State Park. There are 30 miles of trails from the sea cliffs into the redwood forests and it’s utterly gorgeous.
- Stillwater Cove Regional Park. This is a 210-acre preserve with forests, meadows, and a secret beach. Come here to get away from it all.
Discover more about the most peaceful places in Northern California.