Northern California December 17, 2016
Not Many People Realize That These 8 Things Are Actually Illegal In Northern California
Behind every wierd and funny law out there, you know there is a good story just waiting to be told. We might not know they back story behind these bizarre Northern California laws, but we can still get a good kick out of them!
1. It is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale.
The hunters I know like getting out into the woods and going out on their own two feet, but this law just goes to show that there's no limits to what some people will try to get away with.
2. Women may not drive in a house coat.
There must have been a very specific incident that made this law come to fruition! Modern lawmakers might want to add men to this law though for the sake of equality!
3. Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.
How they enforce this one I have no idea... who would get the ticket?
4. In Shasta, its illegal to raffle off a dog as a gift in any public place.
Especially if they are as cute as this one! They may call it puppy love, but I am sure this law came into effect to protect these lovable animals.
5. In Chico, detonating a nuclear device incurs a $500 fine.
In the event of a nuclear disaster, that $500 will solve everything, right?
6. No vehicle may exceed 60 mph if there is no driver
I definitely don't want to live anywhere that this is legal, but it does make you scratch your head and think.
7. It’s unlawful to let a dog pursue a bear or bobcat at any time.
Another one that protects every creature involved, but how do they possibly enforce it and has anyone ever been fined for this?
8. Sunshine is guaranteed to the masses.
Finally, a law we can all get behind! There's nothing like basking under the California sun (and I'd like to see someone try and stop me!).
Can’t get enough of these crazy laws? Here are
10 more that will tickle you pink!