The One-Of-A-Kind Trail In Northern California With Waterfalls And Lakes Is Quite The Hike
Don’t you just love when a hiking trail checks all the boxes? That’s exactly how you’ll feel about the Eagle Lake Trail located above scenic Emerald Bay at Lake Tahoe. This short, family-friendly trail leads you through the forest, over a waterfall, and straight to a gorgeous alpine lake. It’s a perfect adventure no matter the season, so check this one out for your next outing at Lake Tahoe! Come see why this is one of the best hikes in Northern California:
Have you completed this one-of-a-kind hike in Northern California? We love trails like this that are jam-packed with beauty! What would you call the best hikes in Northern California Share your thoughts with us in the comments!
More to Explore
Northern California Is A Natural Marvel
What are the most scenic natural wonders in Northern California?
Northern California’s legendary landscapes are known the world over, and for good reason. A few noteworthy wonders:
- We would be remiss if we didn’t start with Redwood National Park. These towering, majestic redwood trees are simply awe-inspiring. As the setting of the forest moon of Endor in the Star Wars movies, this is one of the most bucket list worthy places on Earth.
- In the Point Reyes National Seashore, there is a Cypress Tree Tunnel, where you drive through a natural tunnel formed by overhanging trees that make for a magical experience you won’t soon forget.
What are the best state parks to visit in Northern California?
While it’s hard to beat the redwoods, there is so much natural diversity in Northern California that you’ll never run out of gorgeous places to explore. Thankfully, this area is full of state parks to enjoy.
- McArthur Burney Falls Memorial State Park has some of the most breathtaking waterfalls you’ll ever see. The rushing waters surrounded by green forest are something no one should miss.
- For some coastal beauty, Sinkyone Wilderness State Park takes a lot of roundabout driving to get to, but is so worth it. Lush mountains hug the shoreline and create some truly memorable views and there are little beaches to relax at when the tide is low.
What are the most lovely scenic drives in Northern California?
With all the massive redwoods and majestic mountains, Northern California is replete with scenic drives that will make time seem to stand still.
- California State Route 3 passes through the Shasta-Trinity National Forest and the beauty here is undeniable. Winding its way through lush forests, this road grants views of Monument Peak, Sawtooth Mountain, and other gorgeous mountains as well as Trinity Lake.
- California State Route 49 will take you through the gold rush country, up mountains and down through valleys and passing by small, charming towns. This is one to take your time with and truly savor the views.