Northern California November 04, 2017
9 Ways Northern California Has Quietly Become The Coolest Region In America
Northern California is an awesome place, as anyone who has visited or lived here can attest to. It’s become a more and more popular tourist spot and relocation destination. But what makes it so great? Here are 9 ways in which Northern California has quietly become the coolest region in America.
1. California was the first state to pass a law banning the sale of non-shelter animals.
This is great news for adoption advocates and shelter pets, as the only pets people can buy will be rescue animals.
2. Speaking of laws, California was also the first to ban single-use plastic bags.
That was a win for the conservation efforts, and other states have since followed suit.
3. The fortune cookie was invented in San Francisco.
Every time you get a fortune cookie at a Chinese restaurant, know that it was invented in NorCal!
4. Some of the world's coolest tech was born here.
From Apple to Facebook to Tesla, many corporations are housed here in NorCal.
5. NorCal has the best Mexican food outside of Mexico.
Thanks to social media and the Internet, California has quickly gained fame for having deliciously authentic Mexican food.
6. California is the world's fifth largest supplier of food.
California produces almost all of the United States' avocados, apricots, pistachios, and much more.
7. Blue jeans were invented here.
Levi Strauss and Jacob Davis invented blue jeans right here in San Francisco.
8. The world's oldest non-clonal tree is in California.
Located in the White Mountains, this bristlecone pine tree isn't marked, to protect it from vandals.
9. California is the only state to have hosted both the Summer Olympics and the Winter Olympics.
The 1960 Winter Olympics were held in Squaw Valley, while the 1932 and 1984 Summer Olympics were held in LA.
Want to know more about NorCal? Check out
these hidden places only locals know about.