For The Best Clam Chowder Of Your Life, Head To This Hole-In-The-Wall Seafood Restaurant In Northern California
Here in Northern California, we take our seafood very seriously. That’s why we often head to hole-in-the-wall seafood restaurants to find some of the best seafood dishes in the state. That’s certainly the case with Barbara’s Fishtrap. This seafood restaurant is quite unassuming and doesn’t look like much, but it serves some of the best clam chowder in Half Moon Bay … and maybe even in the entire state!
Be aware that the hours at Barbara’s Fishtrap in Northern California are weather permitting. However, the restaurant will not close if there is a line. You can learn more about the current hours and view the full menu on the official restaurant website, as well as see more delicious photos on the restaurant’s Facebook page.
Have you ever eaten at this seafood restaurant in Half Moon Bay? Did you try the clam chowder? We’d love to hear all about your experience in the comments section below!
After you have filled your stomach, how about going on a hike? Check out this mysterious woodland trail just south of Half Moon Bay that takes you to some pretty remarkable ruins.
If you’re still in the mood for more California adventures, take a look at this video:
More to Explore
More adventures in Northern California
Where can we find the best barbecue restaurants in Northern California?
- Sauced Barbecue & Spirits in Sacramento offers great pork entrees like the pulled pork quesadilla, egg rolls with pulled pork, and pork belly tacos.
- Fat City Brew & Barbecue in Stockton serves amazing barbecue platters, sandwiches, sides, and delicious brews to accompany your meal.
- Bounty Hunter Wine Bar & Smokin’ BBQ in Napa is an upscale barbecue restaurant with outstanding menu items and a more than 400+ wine variety wine bar.
Read on to learn about some of the many other outstanding barbecue restaurants in Northern California.
Where can we find covered bridges in Northern California?
- The Felton Covered Bridge in Felton was built in 1892 using a brown truss structural system.
- The Knights Ferry Covered Bridge in Knights Ferry was built in 1862 and is the longest covered bridge west of the Mississippi.
- The Freeman's Crossing/Oregon Creek Covered Bridge in Murphys was built in the mid-1800s and today spans the middle fork of the Yuba River.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other beautiful covered bridges in Northern California.
Where can we find scenic overlooks in Northern California?
- The entire upper area of Mt. Tamalpais, north of San Francisco, overlooks the majority of the Marin County area.
- From the iconic Golden Gate Bridge connecting San Francisco and Marin County, you can enjoy 365-degree views of the North Bay, East Bay, the Presidio, and San Francisco.
- The Pigeon Point Lighthouse in San Mateo provides spectacular views and is the tallest lighthouse on the West Coast of the U.S.
Read on to learn about some of the many other scenic overlooks in Northern California.