A Winter Getaway To North Dakota's Snowiest Town Is Nothing Short Of Magical
Winter’s fun, right? Okay, maybe it gets a little cold sometimes (alright, fine, it’s big cold a lot) but that doesn’t mean we can’t appreciate the beauty of winter anyway. What better way to celebrate winter than by visiting the snowiest town for a winter getaway in North Dakota? This one’s definitely for all the snow lovers out there because those who can’t stand the fluffy white stuff and lament each time it starts to fall are gonna hate this one. Winter in North Dakota is amazing… as long as you enjoy winter, anyway… and arm yourself with your warmest winter essentials.
What are some of your favorite places to go during the winter in North Dakota? Have you ever been to Fargo when there’s two feet of snow on the ground? Let us know! And if you are, indeed, planning a winter getaway in North Dakota, tell us all the details – we’d love to hear.
More to Explore
Winter Getaway in North Dakota
Where can I go for the perfect winter getaway in North Dakota?
North Dakota might be a bit – okay, a lot – cold, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a wonderful place for a winter escape. In fact, we could argue that it’s perfect for it. Some of our all-time favorite ideas for a nice winter getaway in North Dakota are things like:
- Frost Fire – Head to Pembina Gorge and enjoy all the winter sports your heart could ever hope for. Skiing, snowboarding, tubing – this one’s got it all.
- Cross Ranch State Park – This North Dakota state park turns into a total winter wonderland every season. Come out for Winterfest – you'll love it.
- Visit Devil’s Lake – Lovers of the outdoors will love an adventure on this gorgeous, frozen lake. Dress warm!
Learn more about our favorite winter getaways in North Dakota.
What can I do outside during the winter in North Dakota?
Who says you can’t go outside when it’s cold out? Definitely not us. In fact, we encourage it (given the proper outdoor gear for very cold weather, of course). There are lots of awesome things to do outside during the winter in North Dakota, with our favorites being:
- Winter hikes – Many of the amazing hiking trails in North Dakota are not closed for the winter; instead, they’re maintained and perfect for a daytime outing.
- Glamping – While some campgrounds are indeed open for the chilly season, we think this is the best time of year for some glamping in something like a yurt, which you’ll definitely find here.
- Winter sports – With as much snow as we get, it’s no surprise that there are winter sports galore to be enjoyed. Ice skating, skiing, snowboarding, tubing... you’ll find all this and more just outside your door.
Learn more about all the best thing to do in winter in North Dakota.
What are some fun things to do in Fargo, ND?
Fargo, North Dakota is so much more than a quirky Midwestern town in a cult classic film-turned-series; there are plenty of things to do in Fargo, ND. Some of the must-do things to see in Fargo include:
- The Fargo-Moorhead Visitor’s Center – Okay, this one’s for the movie geeks. The wood chipper’s even there. If you’re a movie buff, this one’s a must.
- Explore restaurants and eateries – Fargo is known for being an awesome spot for foodies. With as many unique places to eat there are, your palate will never get bored.
- Winter shenanigans – Fargo is literally the snowiest city in the state, and as a result, we’ve got some world-class skiing, snowboarding, tubing, and more.
Learn more about the city of Fargo.