Here Are The Most Beautiful, Charming Small Towns In North Dakota
North Dakota is full of small towns dotted across the state and all have their own charms and histories, but these small towns are some of the most lovely in the state. These towns are 10 of the most perfect picturesque places in which to experience the small-town charms of the Peace Garden State – check out our picks for the best small towns in North Dakota!
What other small towns in North Dakota do you think are the most charming? Which ones would you say are the best small towns in North Dakota? There are so many, it’s hard to choose! Let us know!
More to Explore
Best Small Towns in North Dakota
- What are some of the best small towns in North Dakota?
North Dakota is a quiet place – great for putting down roots. Luckily, there are plenty of adorable small towns in North Dakota that are worth considering if you’d like to live here, such as:
- New Salem – With a population of under 1,000 people and a giant fiberglass statue of a cow, what’s not to love?
- Wilton – This little town also has less than 1,000 people living here, and it’s quite rich in history, having been established by Ukrainian immigrants in the late 1800s.
- Golden Valley – Not to be confused with the county of the same name, this small town in ND is actually located in Mercer County.
Learn more about each of these delightful small towns in ND, and then some.
- Which small towns in North Dakota are good for families?
North Dakota is a great place to raise a family, and it’s a delightful place to call home! Some adorable small towns in North Dakota that are perfect for families with kids are ones like:
- Medora – This incredible town is located inside a National Park, and there’s so much to do here that you probably couldn’t do it all in a lifetime.
- Hillsboro – This small town is nice and quiet, and it’s also known for its excellent schools.
- Grafton – The 14th-largest town in North Dakota! Grafton is home to a truly wonderful Main Street everyone needs to visit at least once.
Learn more about each of these adorable towns in North Dakota – plus a few more!
- What are some fun things to do in North Dakota?
North Dakota might be the least-visited state in the United States, but we feel like this is terribly unfair. There’s just so much that folks don’t even realize they’re missing out on! Some of the most amazing things to do in North Dakota are things like:
- The Upper Souris National Wildlife Refuge is huge and filled with gorgeous natural, untouched wildlands.
- Theodore Roosevelt National Park – You could likely make a whole vacation out of this one! There are numerous must-see parts of the park, like the Petrified Forest and the unusual Cannonball Concretions Pullout, among lots of other things.
- Fort Ransom State Park – Another one of the most scenic places in North Dakota, this park is filled with excellent hiking and camping opportunities you’re sure to delight in.
Learn more about each of these fun things to do in North Dakota, and then some.