North Dakota February 01, 2017
10 Ways To Have The Most North Dakota Day Ever
If you were to plan your day out to experience the most North Dakota things you could think of, it might look a little something like this. Make sure to get up really early for this, since your day is about to be full of the many things that define the Peace Garden State.
1. Wake up and start your day with North Dakota's contribution to the breakfast world, Cream of Wheat.
Some wheat mill workers in Grand Forks are to thank for this classic meal.
2. Check the weather and lake reports.
You can't deny us North Dakotans like to talk about the weather, but it's also good to know what it'll be like today to see if a visit to the nearby lake is in the forecast.
3. Head outside to catch a perfect country sunrise.
In the earliest hours of the morning everything is usually quiet and peaceful here, and it's the best time to just sit and enjoy the view - but not for too long!
4. Get your fishing gear together and head out to the nearest body of water.
It's best to get out there early!
5. Catch a few perch, northern pike, or walleye while you're out.
This is what our lakes are known for.
6. Call it a day once lunch time rolls around and head to the nearest small town diner for some lunch.
There's usually a hidden gem of a restaurant in every small town that knows how to serve the best homemade food.
7. Stop by the World's Largest Buffalo in Jamestown to say hello to Dakota Thunder and the albino bison.
This is definitely one of our most popular tourist attractions and it is also so North Dakotan.
8. Hit the road eastbound towards Fargo and get some shopping done there.
People travel all the way from Canada on a daily basis just to shop here, so get a few hours in and stop by Scheel's or the West Acres Mall, but don't take too long - there is more yet to do!
9. Catch the sunset over the fields before it's gone.
Don't forget to grab a few pictures of it.
10. Finally, grab some dinner at a restaurant or at home and finish off with one of our favorite desserts, like kuchen.
You can't go wrong with good kuchen.
It’d be hard to truly fit everything North Dakotan into one day, but what important things do you think we missed?
These are the kind of things you’d probably miss if you left North Dakota,
and here are more.