You Won’t Want To Miss These Incredible Fireworks Shows In North Dakota This Year
America’s Independence Day is right around the corner and there’s plenty of fun and festivities to be had on that day. One of the main events to look forward to is the annual fireworks shows. While you are making your 4th of July plans, you are probably asking, “where are the closest fireworks near me this year?” Last year we shared the 2016 Best Fireworks Shows In North Dakota. We’re back again this year to share 2017’s most dazzling, patriotic spectacles all around the Peace Garden State.
To start off, here are some of the best of the best. Scroll down further to see a full list of fireworks shows by county.
Those were just the beginning. There are a ton more fireworks shows in North Dakota, and many of them are free to attend! Check out our list of 2017 Fourth of July events below.
Adams County Fireworks
- Hettinger, July 4th, Fireworks Over Mirror Lake beginning at 10:00 PM.
Barnes County Fireworks
- Sanborn, July 4th, Independence Day Celebration featuring a parade, demolition derby, and concluding with a fireworks show at dusk.
Billings County Fireworks
- Medora, July 4th, Independence Day Celebration with parade and activities throughout the day. Fireworks begin after the musical over the entire town.
Bowman County Fireworks
- Bowman, July 3rd, Bowman Haley Dam beginning at 7:00 PM.
Burleigh County Fireworks
- Bismarck, July 4th, Fourth of July Spectacular held on the State Capitol Grounds by the Bismarck Symphony Orchestra starting at 8:00 PM with a music concert and fireworks.
Cass County Fireworks
- West Fargo, July 4th, Fourth of July Celebration at Bonanzaville, activities all day concluding with fireworks at 10:30 PM.
Eddy County Fireworks
- New Rockford, July 3rd, fireworks will begin at dusk. The following day will have a parade, BBQ, and other activities.
Foster County Fireworks
- Carrington, July 4th, Parade, & Fireworks. The parade will be at 5:00 PM and the fireworks will start at dusk.
Grand Forks County Fireworks
- Grand Forks, July 4th, Seratoma Club Festival & Fireworks in the downtown area. Fireworks begin at 10:30 PM.
McKenzie County Fireworks
- Arnegard, July 3rd, fireworks start at dusk. Parade and BBQ on July 4th from 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Morton County Fireworks
- Mandan, July 4th, Mandan Rodeo Days Independence Celebration at Dakotah Centennial Park. Fireworks begin at dusk.
Mountrail County Fireworks
- Stanley, July 4th, Stars In The Park. Activities and events from July 1st through the 4th. The last day will have parades, live music, and fireworks at dusk.
- Parshall, July 1st, hosted by the Parshall Promoters. Fireworks display will be at the baseball field at dusk.
Pembina County Fireworks
- Walhalla, July 4th, part of the Pembina Hills Snow & Shine Independence Weekend Celebration. Events and activities throughout July 1-2. Fireworks will be on the night of the 4th.
Pierce County Fireworks
- Rubgy, June 29-30, July 1-2, Pierce County Fair. The fair will include a fireworks display at dusk on July 1st.
Ramsey County Fireworks
- Devils Lake, July 4th, Fourth of July Parade will begin at 11:00 AM and fireworks will be held by the Devils Lake Fire Department at Ruger Park at dusk.
Ransom County Fireworks
- Lisbon, July 8th, Moore Fireworks Display hosted by Moore Pyrotechnics on the Moore Ranch about 5 miles west of town at 10:00 PM.
Richland County Fireworks
- Wahpeton, July 4th, Fourth of July Baseball and Fireworks at Chahinkapa Park. Fireworks will take place after baseball.
Rolette County Fireworks
- Rolla, July 1st, Ragtop Festival. Fireworks will be at dusk near Robert Neameyer Field.
Stark County Fireworks
- Dickinson, July 4th, Rough Rider Days Fireworks Show at the Former DSU Rodeo Grounds at 10:00 PM.
Stutsman County Fireworks
- Jamestown, July 4th, fireworks display will be at the Stutsman County Fairgrounds beginning at 11:00 PM after the Jamestown Speedway Races.
- Spiritwood Lake, July 2nd, Spiritwood Resort will be hosting live music followed by a fireworks display at dusk.
Walsh County Fireworks
- Park River, July 4th, Tom Larson Memorial Fireworks will take place at 10:00 PM at the big park after a day including parades and other activities around town.
Ward County Fireworks
- Minot, July 4th, Nodak Speedway Fireworks Special, races starting at 6:00 PM with a fireworks finale afterwards at the North Dakota State Fairgrounds.
Please note that the following North Dakota counties are currently under burn bans that prohibit all fireworks (some of these counties prohibit fireworks unless pre-approved by the county fire chief). This list will be updated as necessary.
- Bowman County
- Burleigh County
- Dunn County
- Divide County
- Emmons County
- Hettinger County
- Golden Valley County
- Grant County
- McIntosh County
- McKenzie County
- Morton County
- Mountrail County
- Sioux County
- Slope County
- Stark County
- Williams County
Know of more fireworks displays going on in North Dakota that we missed? Let us know so we can add them!