The Scenic Road Trip That Will Make You Fall In Love With The Beauty Of North Dakota All Over Again
Few things are quite as awesome as a good old-fashioned road trip, and what better place to embark upon a road trip than North Dakota? As the least-visited state in the country, it provides all the beauty and wonders you could ask for without attracting throngs of crowds. Your time spent on the road is likely to be without many other people along the way, unless, of course, you bring a friend along! Take this scenic road trip in North Dakota for an adventure you won’t soon forget!
There you have it: a delightful scenic road trip in North Dakota that’s sure to make for a wonderful time. What’s your favorite stop along the way? Tell us your thoughts in the comments!
More to Explore
North Dakota Road Trip
- Where should I go on a North Dakota road trip?
Our state is an amazing state to explore from top to bottom, and there are numerous stops that definitely need to be added to literally any North Dakota road trip, including amazing locations like:
- Put together a sunflower field road trip in the late summer – North Dakota produces no less than 40% of the sunflowers you’ll find in the US
- The Four Bears Scenic Byway is one of the most amazing drives in the United States
- The Old Road Old Ten Scenic Byway winds through some delightful very old-school small towns in ND with beautiful scenery to boot
Learn more about the amazing Killdeer Four Bears Scenic Byway!
- What are some iconic examples of North Dakota scenery?
The list of iconic North Dakota scenery is so long that we couldn’t even try to list each spot here, but we can definitely list more. Some other iconic parts of North Dakota scenery are incredible places filled with wonder, such as:
- Theodore Roosevelt National Park, including amazing places within it like
- The petrified forest at Theodore Roosevelt National Park, one of the very few forests like it in the entire world
- The Painted Canyon Overlook, one of the best scenic views in the entire Rough Rider State
Learn more about the amazingness that is Theodore Roosevelt National Park and plan your visit ASAP.
- What kind of natural wonders in North Dakota are there?
Just about every state has its fair share of amazing places to enjoy, but North Dakota seems to have a higher number than most (lucky us). Some of the most important natural wonders in North Dakota you’ll want to add to your bucket list are:
- The Cannonball Concretions Pullout within Theodore Roosevelt National Park – trust us, it’s delightfully weird
- Fort Ransom State Park – famous for its amazing natural beauty and for showcasing the amazingness of ND
- Graham’s Island at Devil’s Lake – a photogenic lake with all sorts of sporting options and fun times in the forecast
Learn more about the breathtaking natural wonders of North Dakota.