North Dakota August 20, 2016
Every True North Dakotan Has Had These 9 Bizarre Experiences At Least Once
Day to day life in North Dakota is fairly normal and uneventful, but there are some unusual things that have definitely happened to everyone who lives here that we can all relate to. Whether you’ve been here all your life or just a couple of years, see how many of these you’ve definitely experienced:
1. You've had a lake form in your front yard in early spring that turns into a skating rink by morning.
Sometimes winter just can't decide if it's over or not.
2. You've gotten stuck behind some sort of farming equipment on the road.
It doesn't matter if you're from the urban areas or not, at some point you've been on the road and a tractor pulled out on its way - right in front of you.
3. You've had the Menards commercial jingle stuck in your head. All. Day. Long.
Where can you save big money? You know...
4. You've said a word in casual conversation to someone from out of town that befuddled them.
Look, we don't have accents like in the movie Fargo, but sometimes an occasional "uff-da" slips in. Or, of course, confusing casserole for hotdish.
5. You've had to explain to someone out-of-state that certain carved mountains are not in this Dakota.
When I first moved here, everyone where I'd moved from asked if it was the Mt. Rushmore state or if I live near there. To be honest, I've never even visited it!
didn't have to go to the next state over to get the big fireworks.
Everyone comes to states like North Dakota to buy them since they aren't available in their state. We get the luxury of just having them right down the road with no border hopping necessary.
7. You've had to deal with all-summer-long road construction in at least one place near you every single year.
Currently looking at you, 13th Avenue in Fargo. You can be over any time now, please.
8. You've had a close encounter with a critter on the road that just had to cross at that very moment.
Come on, deer. There haven't been any other cars in front of or behind me for miles and you chose just now to cross the road? You had so many other chances!
9. You've been more worried about the wind chill than the actual outdoor temperature.
Wind chill is no joke! When it can get down to 40 below and be blasting at 30 mph against your skin, you really have to be careful here.
What other unusual things have you encountered that you think are North Dakota essentials? If you grew up here and went to a ND high school,
here are some more things you will definitely relate to.