North Dakota February 20, 2017
10 Reasons Why People From North Dakota Are The Best Kind Of People You’ll Ever Meet
Most people from North Dakota are pretty humble about their roots. Even though they may not brag too much about their state and people from it, they are probably some of the best people you will ever meet. Here are 10 reasons why North Dakotans simply outshine the rest:
1. Most North Dakotans are working, and they are working hard.
North Dakota has the lowest unemployment rate of any state multiple years running with jobs to spare. People here are all about being hard workers, with no complaints!
2. North Dakotans are always useful to have around when you're in a bind because they usually know how to fix things or work around it.
If your car breaks down or gets stuck somewhere in North Dakota, it usually doesn't take long for a kind stranger to stop by to help. Plus, with the number of North Dakotans who own trucks, it usually isn't hard to find someone willing to pull you out of a rut.
3. And North Dakotans are known for lending a helping hand to anyone with no questions asked.
"North Dakota Nice" wouldn't be a phrase otherwise.
4. North Dakotans are always proud to embrace their history and heritage.
We have tons of historical sites and places that share and help people learn and experience the history of our state. It is the legendary state, after all, it has plenty of legends and backstory to it!
5. Especially through the ability to make absolutely delicious, amazing food made from recipes passed down through generations.
The regional foods here are almost all relating to the residents' heritage and ancestry, usually from generations ago when they came over as immigrants from countries like Norway, Germany, and Russia, and settled the land. North Dakotans still enjoy the foods and recipes they brought over to this day.
6. North Dakotans are all about conservation of the land and wildlife in our beautiful state.
We have the most wildlife refuges and preserves out of any other state and always strive to hunt and fish responsibly to keep help ecosystems in check.
7. North Dakotans can put up with just about any weather.
95 degrees and high humidity in the summer? We can take it. Tornados and hail storms? No problem. Temperature drops to the teens below zero and the windchill is even colder? We know how to handle it!
8. And when disaster strikes, North Dakotans will pitch in to help their community without hesitation.
Through natural disasters or unfortunate circumstances, North Dakotans will always come together and help each other out no matter what with their strong sense of community.
9. North Dakotans don't need much to have a good time.
A warm fire, some music, and a couple of cold ones passed around is all we really need to have a fun night and enjoy each other's company.
10. North Dakotans are always welcomed back to their state with open arms no matter how far they go for how long, no matter what.
North Dakota will always be home!
What are some other reasons North Dakotans are the best?
Here are 20 other reasons we should be proud of our state!